Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may not get the saw for a week or two, but I'll pull the muffler and check the bore size as soon as I get my hands on it. It is a Pioneer Partner, my P60 just says Pioneer. Who knows what parts are actually on the saw at this point? Anybody know what the CWP stands for or the F on my P60 F? Thanks for all the info.

Clint

I may not get the saw for a week or two, but I'll pull the muffler and check the bore size as soon as I get my hands on it. It is a Pioneer Partner, my P60 just says Pioneer. Who knows what parts are actually on the saw at this point? Anybody know what the CWP stands for or the F on my P60 F? Thanks for all the info.

Clint

The only difference I can see from the repair manual and IPL for the 60F is that it has western spikes.

Mine only has the inside dog. The clutch cover doesn't even have a place to bolt on an outside dog.

The P60 came with a chainbrake or without. The Canadian Pioneers got the chainbrakes sooner than the American ones. The non chainbrake covers were part# 474523 and the chainbrake covers part # 474142.

Clint
The F is for Full wrap handle. An H would be Half wrap handle. The letter S is for Saftey. Those saws have a chainbreak.
The Pioneer Partner saw in the photo looks like a P45 to me. The top handle is a different colour then the AF cover or bottom. It is most likely off a 6 cube as someone pointed out, it has the manual oiler. The bottom frame of the handle is solid like the P45 and has a small hook at the back near the trigger. The asking price would just cover the bar and chain. Nice find.

The F is for Full wrap handle. An H would be Half wrap handle. The letter S is for Saftey. Those saws have a chainbreak.
The Pioneer Partner saw in the photo looks like a P45 to me. The top handle is a different colour then the AF cover or bottom. It is most likely off a 6 cube as someone pointed out, it has the manual oiler. The bottom frame of the handle is solid like the P45 and has a small hook at the back near the trigger. The asking price would just cover the bar and chain. Nice find.

Jeff, If my brain was filled with all the stuff you know about Pioneers there would be no room left in there to find my way home.

Ok guys,,. I'm not a huge fan of guys doing this, but here I am being "that guy". :).

What's it worth?
Pioneer 650 basket cases.
Pioneer gear drive... Not sure what # yet. Also a fixer upper.

More to come.

A friend of mine has 3 or 4 P60's and they all have dual spikes but I believe all of his have chain brakes on them.
The P60 came with a chainbrake or without. The Canadian Pioneers got the chainbrakes sooner than the American ones. The non chainbrake covers were part# 474523 and the chainbrake covers part # 474142.
So, is there a non-chainbrake cover with the mount for the outside spike? Or would you just use a chain brake style cover?

You are correct that the double spike will only fit on the standard chainbreak cover. The non chainbreak does not have a mount for it. There is another style of cover as well. It has a guard that covers the exhaust as well and uses a different muffler. They are more commonly seen on a P61 but as the brochure shows they were availible for a P60 . These covers had the mounts for the second spike and there were two different covers in this style. One with a break and one without. The one without has no opening at the top for the handle even though there is a hole for the pivot bolt. the one in the photo in the back of my truck has no break.

Ok guys,,. I'm not a huge fan of guys doing this, but here I am being "that guy". :).

What's it worth?
Pioneer 650 basket cases.
Pioneer gear drive... Not sure what # yet. Also a fixer upper.

More to come.

Not too many Pioneer gear drives out there but all the ones I can think of are definitely worth having.

Chris B.

You are correct that the double spike will only fit on the standard chainbreak cover. The non chainbreak does not have a mount for it. There is another style of cover as well. It has a guard that covers the exhaust as well and uses a different muffler. They are more commonly seen on a P61 but as the brochure shows they were availible for a P60 . These covers had the mounts for the second spike and there were two different covers in this style. One with a break and one without. The one without has no opening at the top for the handle even though there is a hole for the pivot bolt. the one in the photo in the back of my truck has no break.
I'm so confused!:dizzy:image.jpg

If you think you are confused now, wait until you hit 60. I see you have two little girls who will look out for you though. Mine think we are ancient now and require watching......and they may be right.
Don't forget to tell them you still have sex. I tried that and they didn't know what to say.

Not too many Pioneer gear drives out there but all the ones I can think of are definitely worth having.

Chris B.
Thanks Chris. I couldn't recall even seeing one before. This place has a pile of saws, but they are all oldies. I'm going to try to make a package deal and get it all, but they are not easy to bargain with and I'm in it for the $$$$. They do have a considerable amount of nos parts including a lot for the more desirable pioneers.

From what I can see on acres site it resembled the 700g.

I had my brother pick up the saw and he told me the tag says P45 cwp?
The guy told him it takes a real man to run it. :laugh:
I haven't seen the saw in person, but it does run...
Yeap p45 and someone added the manual oiler for the longer bars. The p45 is boost ported. But the p4 will not accept bigger cylinder and pistons . Plus the plastic recoil cover shows it's a p45.

Back