Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still learning! Thanks for all the info!

I rebuilt the SDC carb on my P60, swapped the fuel lines and filter, and I still can't get it to stay running! I'm starting to get frustrated.:mad:

I'm still learning! Thanks for all the info!

I rebuilt the SDC carb on my P60, swapped the fuel lines and filter, and I still can't get it to stay running! I'm starting to get frustrated.:mad:
What does it run like? Does it spit gas out of the carb? Could be a bad reed

I pulled the carb apart and replaced the gaskets and the diaphragm, and cleaned all the gunk out of it. I didn't pull the metal plugs inside, but I replaced the little filter screen in the top of the carb. I got it to start and run for a few seconds at WOT, but as soon as I touched the throttle it would die. So I pulled the carb off and took it back apart and there was a bunch more junk in it, so I cleaned it out and put it back together again, and now it won't run at all unless I pour gas straight in the carb. I'm guessing something inside is still blocked up? There was old gas in it for about 10 years when I got it.

When you rebuild a carb on a saw that has been setting with old gas in it for a long period of time you also need to clean out the fuel pickup filter and fuel line, it is filled with particulate that will again plug up a newly rebuilt carb as soon as fuel is drawn back up from the tank. Also dump out and wash out the fuel tank, replentish with new mix before attempting restart.

Got it boys. Not a ton for the p series stuff, but tons of nos panels for older saws. There was some cool stuff including a few really rare trinkets.

I also got a ridiculous amount of literature. If anyone needs any info, let me know.

I'm selling almost all of it. I paid a few bucks for it, but I am Very interested in selling it off here rather that ebay. Better prices are given for cash or money orders.

Ok... Some pics...

Some more

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 77
Some of my favorites...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 67
I still have to get the lesser items Monday. Mostly a load of scrap saws and a bunch of small parts for old saws. I got one more gear drive that's in pieces that I need to ID. The 650g is almost all there and has only very minor scoring on the piston. Should be a good match for the other 650 to make a good one. I also pulled out a supposed runner 5000plus and one in a box. I was fairly giddy when I let. Oh yeah.. More nos bars too.

I was unsuccessful getting the 610 running. I would like to put a new plug in it as I'm sure this one is original. Recommendations?
I had it fire 3-4 times. I pulled like crazy, checked the plug and it was a bit too wet. I let it sit a while, came back to it, fired one pop right away then nothing. It did this 3 times. I've taken almost all the idle out and leaned the L a little because I felt the plug was getting too wet. When I rebuilt the carb I returned the screws to exactly where they were set, but a baseline from you guys may be helpful.

Kris, any gaskets? I need one for the glass bowl on my 610. I used rtv around the base, let it set a few days and it seems to be holding fine for now. The chain is shot too...

I was unsuccessful getting the 610 running. I would like to put a new plug in it as I'm sure this one is original. Recommendations?
I had it fire 3-4 times. I pulled like crazy, checked the plug and it was a bit too wet. I let it sit a while, came back to it, fired one pop right away then nothing. It did this 3 times. I've taken almost all the idle out and leaned the L a little because I felt the plug was getting too wet. When I rebuilt the carb I returned the screws to exactly where they were set, but a baseline from you guys may be helpful.

Kris, any gaskets? I need one for the glass bowl on my 610. I used rtv around the base, let it set a few days and it seems to be holding fine for now. The chain is shot too...

Those old girls came with a J6J OR J8J Champion sparkplug in them, that is what I still run in mine. The crossover plug in Autolite was AN7X, A7 or AT8 and the AC plug 45M or 44S with all plugs having a .025 gap. The Tillotson HL carbs would have the H screw set betyween 1 and 1 1/4 turns out and the L set around 3/4 turn out.

I have tons of nos parts to sort through. I promise I'll try to "fill orders" as soon as I can. I probably have all you need.

Some eye candy and a bit of "what's this saw" action.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg