Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a pic of it
6bf1c4eddf029ffa4265465afcb89ea2.jpg
8b7b20022ceedfb6c708bf8f8c1d397c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few years back I found a new P28 in a dumpster, at first I wasn`t going to retrieve it but by the time we unloaded the truck I caved in and pulled it out. Still had the original bill of sale/receipt taped to the front handle. Just couldn`t let it end up in a dump so it now sits with dozens of other Pioneer kin. I have never even put fuel in it to see if will start, it should but I only play with the bigger models, the rest are more display items.

They are a nice nimble handy limbing saw. I like the chain brake! Wish mine had that for everyday use. But one tends to stay more focused when safety measures are absent. IMO I might be safer operating without vs complacent with?
Enjoy the saw eh!
Walter

This saw was outside on the side of someone’s garage in 3” of snow, not sure how long but that is where it was, it does run, I do have some NOS parts for it but sold the air filter cover and filter I had a while ago

Here is a pic of it
6bf1c4eddf029ffa4265465afcb89ea2.jpg
8b7b20022ceedfb6c708bf8f8c1d397c.jpg

I have fixed those AF covers that were worse then that. I used fiberglass resin and cloth. Never going to look like new again but will be stronger and at least functional. Worse part is losing that cool wood grain look on it. LOL

Those flimsy covers is what caused Pioneer to lose many sales of new saws around here, after the first few broke our local dealer was left with a lot of unsold P28 & 26 saws. He actually had to send a shipment back cause he couldn`t sell them even if he let them go for below cost.

There was a lot of guys looking for good covers,I got them some from Bryce, they were the black AM style ones but the supply will surely run out. I made up a mold off one of my NOS covers, then cast up some new covers out of reinforced fiberglass. It takes a lot of trimming and sanding time to make a usable one. The inside bulkhead and reinforcing are the most time consuming. The 3D may be the most cost efficient way to go in the future.

Back