Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that sounds easy, long as you aint the one picking it up to set it on that 5-6' log. :ices_rofl:

I'm not sure on the RPM, I think I seen somewhere it says 6500 rpm? Maybe @pioneerguy600 has it listed somewhere.

Mark the 1850 Rpm Saw specs is 6500, the 1770 model is the same rpm, compression ratio is listed at 5.8:1 for both Saws, the Dry weight for that 1850 is 28lbs 1 oz

Nice Find

1970 new Cdn List price List on that 1850 Saw with 42" Bar was $431.95 , You could purchase the 50" for $439.95.
Best list Price for a 1850 wearing a 20" would set you back $399.95
Wondering what the exchange rate was in 1970? :ices_rofl:

No matter, like a Model T its probably worth more today then when new.

Wondering what the exchange rate was in 1970? :ices_rofl:

No matter, like a Model T its probably worth more today then when new.

Exchange rate in 1970 was close to par with the USD a little weaker.

For inflation, the cost of that saw in today's CDN dollars $2570.00

USD would be $2524.00

Those would be buying power dollars and margins were much higher back then.

I have to say I would love a shot at it ! My big weight saw is a pro 88 remington . It's saturday night slim at #34 . A relic today .

I'm not sure where your from, but if you ever get around NW Indiana, your more then welcome to stop by any time to give it a whirl. If your slinging that fat bottom Remington around, you should be good with this slim Pioneer. :rock:

Mike Acres has a warehouse? Is that where he keeps all the errors from his site? :laugh:

I know I shouldn't have but couldn't resist. :ices_rofl:

I hear ya...

got the 3hr tour first time I was there. been a few times since. a nicer guy willin to give a nobody [me] some time, ya wont meet. and ya, ive seen some error on his site, too.

he's always busy, but think he's finally gonna slow down in near future.

Back