Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 cube top end won’t bolt up? I’ll likely just order that piston set. Maybe a gasket delete? Set of crank seals a good idea I suppose, thx
Kevin
5 cube won't fit unfortunately. Double check squish you might be able to run with out a base gasket. How does the plating look on the cylinder you have?

Seller said it ran good, a week later it was on my door step. My new to me p41! Figured we had a problem when it only pulled 60 psi. Surprised it fired right up tho. Haha. Not sure the cylinder is good, Piston is toast. Who’s sellin? This is my first top end job on a saw.

If you was buying a P41, why didn't you buy the one I had in the trading post? It was 110%

This p41 has a walbro and a full wrap, is there a reason why some got a Tilly and some Wally? Just production runs ? This is my first pioneer I have with a walbro
What does the I'd tag say on it? There was a rare run of p41shhp saws that would have the Walbro from the factory. If not somebody just put it on there, and they do run better. The Walbro is a bigger carb than the tilly that normally came on them. Unfortunately the cylinder doesn't look to be usable though as Mark mentioned.

What does the I'd tag say on it? There was a rare run of p41shhp saws that would have the Walbro from the factory. If not somebody just put it on there, and they do run better. The Walbro is a bigger carb than the tilly that normally came on them. Unfortunately the cylinder doesn't look to be usable though as Mark mentioned.
No id tag unfortunately. Ordered a piston kit already. Maybe my pics make it look worse, but the cylinder is smooth to the touch, looks like someone ball honed it at some point tho.

No id tag unfortunately. Ordered a piston kit already. Maybe my pics make it look worse, but the cylinder is smooth to the touch, looks like someone ball honed it at some point tho.
Your touch isn't good enough to feel all that. A ball hone is a terrible thing to use on one of those cylinders period.
The camera won't lie about the surface of the cylinder most the time, just might magnify it.

Back