Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got off the phone with Jeff. He’s in Kingston Ontario I think. Seen an add on kijiji that he’s lookin for big p series saws. So called him up and he has 3 p41 parts saws. He’s gunna find a good jug for me. Hell of a nice fellow.
Good deal. He is a great guy to deal with and very knowledgeable with the large p series saws.

Nice find Cory. Someone needs a butt whooping for that paint job though. :dizzy:

I got to run the one Chris redone, kinda fun. Heavy and slow though. Seen one run at the Baraboo show and it ran quite a bit better. Chris was going to look at his again after that.

Thanks Mark. I didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth. Local small engine shop is closing up. The few times he's been swamped I've put together 61's for him for kicks. He has been generous with passing along abandoned saws. 3 Macs and the green machine road home tonight.

Sad to see him go. He tried to sell the shop for the past year or so. He has gotten into hot water of late when it comes to working on anything without safety features. As a result, customers sometimes leave him decent stuff. Without him around, more folks will head to the local squealer hoping to get work done. That ain't going to happen. They have a mandate of selling new and crushing old. I've seen their bins of off limits scrapped vintage. Enough to make those that have a soft spot cry. Before I knew better, I let them at my dad's 1001 years ago when I first got the bug. Almost lost the old tank that day.

Back