Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a problem .Taking a few thou off the gaskets on the 600a .. Now the true squish at the angle of the piston top is only .012. The top piston to head is .032 but the angle thats close . Pioneerguy ?

Pete ,
The tight spot is only at the arrow in the pic . Plenty of clearance on the angle (.062) and top to head (.032) . But at the arrow (.012). Will probly knock into it when hot . I still want to try it! Whats your thoughts?
IMG_1937.JPG
IMG_1938.JPG

if you have access to a lathe, do what pg says. I don't. havin a 044 w/that much squish, worked hard, no problems, I woulda tried runnin it.

I would run it if it was .015 or over, seeing .012 seems a little too tight even for me and I have ran many engines with very tight clearances.

Question. The p41 is going back together here. P62 jeff sent me a great p/c, but I’m not sure what ruined the last motor. Are crank seals available threw the Poulan p/n still? Available anywhere ? Or should I slap it together and vac test it after? Thx guys

The seals are SKF CR 5606, or National (Timken) 472705 both double lip nitrile

Pretty common size 9/16"" shaft, 1" case bore. There are likely others who make it as well.

The Poulan seals have gone obsolete.

I would definitely pressure and vac test it. They can leak elsewhere. It's very common to have a cracked carb adapter / reed block on those.

The seals are SKF CR 5606, or National (Timken) 472705 both double lip nitrile

Pretty common size 9/16"" shaft, 1" case bore. There are likely others who make it as well.

The Poulan seals have gone obsolete.

I would definitely pressure and vac test it. They can leak elsewhere. It's very common to have a cracked carb adapter / reed block on those.
It did have a heavily cracked reed block. I’ve replaced it with one that has a very slight hairline on the inside. It’s the best I had of the 3 on the bench. I think I’ll put it together and go from there. I’ll Order some seals also. Thx fir the p/n

It did have a heavily cracked reed block. I’ve replaced it with one that has a very slight hairline on the inside. It’s the best I had of the 3 on the bench. I think I’ll put it together and go from there. I’ll Order some seals also. Thx fir the p/n

You should grind that crack out of that block then fill it with JB weld to keep it from cracking more, at least in that crack.

Latest posts

Back