Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay Thank You Paul !
I Wonder then, when Poulan took over, is that Pioneer part with a 507 now in front of the Pioneer part still a Pioneer part or a Poulan part ? Sorry not trying to confuse the issue but maybe if I look for a Poulan part number instead of a Pioneer part.

Might be worth a try looking for one with a 507 prefix but not sure.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but that bar on your 41 doesn't look that bad. Is it bent or what exactly is wrong with it?

The saw looks to be in excellent shape. If the saw isn't beat up, I'd think the bar is at least salvageable.

Might be worth a try looking for one with a 507 prefix but not sure.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but that bar on your 41 doesn't look that bad. Is it bent or what exactly is wrong with it?

The saw looks to be in excellent shape. If the saw isn't beat up, I'd think the bar is at least salvageable.

Thanks It was in that shape when I got it ! I got the saw from a fella in Alberta . He brought it with him from I think it was Colorado.
As far as the bar goes one side of the bar has a dip in it .So I don't know can you fix that ? meaning you look at the rail and it's nice a flat and then it goes down in a dip. Now that I can post pictures I will put one up soon.

Hey Thanks to Lou's signature and the rest of you I can now post pictures ! I did start an account on Imugur but it's so easy to just down load them off of My Pictures on the computer.

Bar update !
So I have found a replacement bar for the P41 Pioneer .It's not a Pioneer bar though but it is a NOS bar of some make not sure which yet as I have not picked it up. So thanks to a local saw shop the fella really knows his stuff and some of the staff sold Pioneers back in the day. Going to put a Stihl skip chain on it . I will still be looking for an original #507475848. and have some feelers out so see what happens . I plan on putting some pictures up of the P28 or is it P29 . Also have an old Husky to share pictures with but that's for a different thread LOL !

Would like to say that this site has some real great people on it that are willing to help others out, a real community !
WesternSaw

This is a Pioneer Service tool l made up . lt was part of a Service tool kit issued to employees at one time. They are hard to find. l was able to copy dimensions from an original and turn out on my metal lathe . lt works pretty slick.

Attachments

• Pioneer ToolDSC00361_001.JPG
    Pioneer ToolDSC00361_001.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 19
I have tried to get in touch with Mike Acres ( chainsaw collectors web page founder ) about a bar but so far no reply . I think he is very hard to get in touch with as he runs his company Consolidated Equipment in the B.C. Lower Mainland .
WesternSaw

cesco has been sold. mike is retiring, accordin to one of the girls there. did not say if any of collection, or what parts were part of deal. cesco's # was still same afik.

. some of his collection is at son ranch. tried couple times to see him right b4 sale. no luck.

he is/was at abby agrifair & does a thing @ son ranch in sept.

only ways i know to see him now.

Thanks Lou !
WesternSaw

Hey Thanks to Lou's signature and the rest of you I can now post pictures ! I did start an account on Imugur but it's so easy to just down load them off of My Pictures on the computer.
I needed to post a "gif" in order for my signature to move. Some of the others may be easier to use, "jpeg" and some other formats are much more common.
HTH
Lou

cesco has been sold. mike is retiring, accordin to one of the girls there. did not say if any of collection, or what parts were part of deal. cesco's # was still same afik.

. some of his collection is at son ranch. tried couple times to see him right b4 sale. no luck.

he is/was at abby agrifair & does a thing @ son ranch in sept.

only ways i know to see him now.
Rocket I know he did have a whole whack of parts ! I think he bought up a lot of old NOS parts from dealers. Would be great to get in touch with him . Not sure what you mean by son ranch ,sorry ?
WesternSaw

Thanks for the reply Jerry ! Jerry I have an original whole green coloured Pioneer binder manual and in the bar section I could not find my bar in there not 28 inches not SSW and not .050 gauge. But then again maybe I did not look hard enough .I just had two new chains made up for that present bar so that is why I'm looking for that particular one

The update for your bar is in my Service Bulletion# SB 83-4 March 1983 for the new sprocket nose name designation, the 507 prefix would have come into effect after the Poulan takeover in 1988.

The update for your bar is in my Service Bulletion# SB 83-4 March 1983 for the new sprocket nose name designation, the 507 prefix would have come into effect after the Poulan takeover in 1988.
I had thought my 28 inch bar was older, but having the 507 on it confuses me now. What are your thoughts on this Jerry? Mike

Back