Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a pioneer 1073 that has bad crank case seals but I looked at ebay and cant find them. Is there any other chainsaw crankcase seals that are still available and that somebody has put into a pioneer 1073 or similar saw?

I've got an RA in my collection, and it sure doesn't look like that. I read somewhere, that the starter was a third party unit, and used by several manufacturers. The name of the company is on the tip of my brain, so if you read of a brain fire tomorrow on the internet, that will be me. I'm thinking Fairbanks.....
Morse... :)

Does anyone know the differences between the P41 Western and P42 Western or is the P41 W a clone. lt seems to be difficult locating any info on the 41W model
Got a full wrap p41 here. Walbro carb. Haven’t looked at the reed,standard small hole muffler. Id tag is just numbers, no model ID. Trimmed in black. Later version I guess

I've got an RA in my collection, and it sure doesn't look like that. I read somewhere, that the starter was a third party unit, and used by several manufacturers. The name of the company is on the tip of my brain, so if you read of a brain fire tomorrow on the internet, that will be me. I'm thinking Fairbanks.....
Fairbanks Morse

Just out of curiosity, how common were the Pioneer 1750 chainsaws? I have one, and at 120ccs, it is not a toy.
Not that common... I have one too, it also came from the island. But it was really rough and locked up when i got it. I had to do a lot of repairs to the castings and get quite a few other bits (made new oil lines, and cylinder tin shroud, retrofit an outboard coil etc.) They're only 107cc. Same ish (porting upgraded?) as a 750. (lots of the parts are common if you need anything). Mines a runner now, pulls the 32 like its not even there.

IMG_20180922_225201.jpg

Mine was evidently used as a falling saw by one of the larger companies, had some stuff scribed on the side, the handle definitely isn't right for the saw, but it does fit ok.

FB_IMG_1547570500948.jpg

FB_IMG_1547570493396.jpg

Not that common... I have one too, it also came from the island. But it was really rough and locked up when i got it. I had to do a lot of repairs to the castings and get quite a few other bits (made new oil lines, and cylinder tin shroud, retrofit an outboard coil etc.) They're only 107cc. Same ish (porting upgraded?) as a 750. (lots of the parts are common if you need anything). Mines a runner now, pulls the 32 like its not even there.

View attachment 1072300

Mine was evidently used as a falling saw by one of the larger companies, had some stuff scribed on the side, the handle definitely isn't right for the saw, but it does fit ok.

View attachment 1072299

View attachment 1072298
Nice 👍

I can't remember now, but I think I got the displacement from Mike Acres site. The size of the saw doesn't matter, because I was bequeathed this saw by a good friend. The saw was sold by a dealer in Courtenay. The business was no longer in existence when I got here in 1973. I left the decal on the filter cover, because I think it is part of the history.
Bob

Attachments

• Pioneer_1750-sales decal_sm.JPG
    Pioneer_1750-sales decal_sm.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 0

View attachment 1072300

View attachment 1072299

View attachment 1072298

1750s and follow-on models were definitely hotter than the 750s and even more so than the 700s. Transfers got bigger and then Pioneer joined transfers and removed exhaust bridges. Seems every model has a different cylinder part # and I don't know all the differences. It's super easy to swap them around, though. The only direct drive I lack is a 1771 and I also have yet to encounter a 1870.

The only other 1750 I have seen, is (was?) on display at the Duncan Forestry Museum, on Vancouver Island. There is a pretty good collection of saws, as well as a fantastic quantity of other equipment.
There are also working Shay and rod steam engines, and a large display of cats, donkey engines, arches, loader, and a sawmill.
You get to ride out to the display area on a working steam train.
An excellent place to spend a day, with a large grass area, where you can have a picnic lunch.
Most of you, will not recognize this truck parked next to my little camper. It is a Butler, and was designed to haul 100,000 lb loads. This picture was taken in 1973, at the MacMillan Bloedell yard, in Menzie's Bay, north of Campbell River.

Attachments

• Cameo_Butler_truck.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Back