Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats on my Bench now Pictures , Build P41 Western, as you can see l modified the A/F. l am not yet finished but close to it. l have the original A/F setup for later.

Attachments

• 473155 Rings_001.JPG
    473155 Rings_001.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 473155 Rings_003.JPG
    473155 Rings_003.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 473155 Rings_004.JPG
    473155 Rings_004.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 1
  • 473155 Rings_002.JPG
    473155 Rings_002.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 1
Beauty. Nice work. What ignition on that one ? Fibre reeds in there aswell? I dug into my p41 last night. Phelon ignition and it had 2 stage fibre reeds. Not sure if it’s factory stuff or been upgraded over the years.

lt was somewhat difficult to acheive any exact info on this Model but l came up with this.

My Saw Has:
New P41 Cyl and 2 ring thin rings
New Original Black Phelon 2 Pcs ign, same as found on a regular P41 Model
New Walbro SDC Carburator
Fibre reeds
3/8-7 tooth rim, and steel clutchshoes
Full WrapHandle
West coast mufler
No decomp Valve
Metal A/F Cover & New 475289 although l have it here but the Picture shows a different set up l was playing around with.
Spike Dawg
Chain Safety brake Assy
Hand Guard

Could be a P42 Hi po, did the clutch cover have a decal. the muffler is not correct, the1 starter cover screws match a P41 , the one flange bar nut is P42,
The Pioneer Farmsaws11also had those fibre Reeds.
From anything l have learned is that the biggest difference is the Cyl and ign used on the P41Western is the same as a regular P41.
Thats what l based my build on and Maybe after all said and done it was wrong info l collection.
Anyone like to add to this conversation , l would be intersed in hearing from you.

It’s a hodgepodge of parts for sure. Was missing decals, but I think it had p41 ghosted on the covers. A lot can happen in 40 year with these things. ID tag is no help. Just numbers. Not sure when or why they switched from model numbers. Annoying.

Latest posts

Back