Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the muffler you are taking about it has two holes in it. Believe it or not its still in better shape than mine. I wonder if i could put the new cover thats available on ebay for a p50 onto it. Or are the mufflers slightly different even though the bolt patterns the same. I could just get the new farmsaw cover and make the exhaust hole bigger

I will upload some pictures of my muffler and air filter etc. The saws in peaces at the moment

Heres some pictures of what ive got

Attachments

• 20180104_072952.jpg
    20180104_072952.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • 20180104_073023.jpg
    20180104_073023.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
  • 20180104_073039.jpg
    20180104_073039.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • 20180104_073214.jpg
    20180104_073214.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
  • 20180104_073252.jpg
    20180104_073252.jpg
  • 20180104_073334.jpg
    20180104_073334.jpg
if farmsaw filters fit, I have that, too.

paul, ya maybe thinkin I have a p50 here. it never got here, so cant compare myself. still have the airbox rubber boot u sent if anyone needs.

Sorry that 50 never worked out for you. Let me know if you are in need of a 51, I have one that's going to be available.

Yep thats the top of the piston, amazingly the cylinder is fine much to my surprise. Pretty sure thats from the wrong plug be fitted. Yeah the muffler is shot. I think I'll get the farmsaw muffler. Its the only option i have at the moment

thx. paul. exchange & shippin will prolly kill it for me. would be interested seein/knowin tho.

no need, just want ...and some o that's rubbed off w/time. been usin 70cc & lower a lot lately.

I forgot about you being north of the border and all the associated expenses. I'll let you know though. It's a good clean runner that has a lot of new parts.

I get the not needing/just wanting. That's how I ended up with it. Was a project and now it's done and need to make room for another!

Hey guys, been lurkin the site for awhile now. But now I’m stumped and need some help. Been hoarding some pioneers over the years and finally started digging into the pile the last couple months. Currently working on a late model 3071, I can’t keep this saw running! It’ll fire up fine with s couple pulls with choke pulled, idles great, then dies. Seems to run out of fuel. To start I need to pull choke and start the process over. I’ve changed all fuel line and filter, plug(getting great spark), full rebuild on carb including pulling Welch plugs. Any help would be appreciated, thx

Hey guys, been lurkin the site for awhile now. But now I’m stumped and need some help. Been hoarding some pioneers over the years and finally started digging into the pile the last couple months. Currently working on a late model 3071, I can’t keep this saw running! It’ll fire up fine with s couple pulls with choke pulled, idles great, then dies. Seems to run out of fuel. To start I need to pull choke and start the process over. I’ve changed all fuel line and filter, plug(getting great spark), full rebuild on carb including pulling Welch plugs. Any help would be appreciated, thx
Welcome to the site. Maybe the metering lever is to low in the carb?

Ya I think that’s my next step, play with metering valve position and pull reed block and throw some rtv to seal it to the case. Thx fir the quick response

I dont use rtv or silicone on any thing saw related . It glues everything down and is hard to remove also ruins valuable hard to get gaskets. I prefer yamabond or hondabond. Semi hardening and can be wiped off with a good quality brake cleaner like 3M. You can download a decent IPL from Tillotson in the "vintage" section. Welcome to A.S.

I wanna say it was doing the same thing when I first got it, carb looked very clean and gaskets/diaphragm seemed fresh when I dug into it. Changed everything anyways and washed it out good. Prolly a cheap Chinese kit that I pulled out aswell. I’ll play with the metering abs see if it makes a difference.

I dont use rtv or silicone on any thing saw related . It glues everything down and is hard to remove also ruins valuable hard to get gaskets. I prefer yamabond or hondabond. Semi hardening and can be wiped off with a good quality brake cleaner like 3M. You can download a decent IPL from Tillotson in the "vintage" section. Welcome to A.S.
Thx, there looks to be an old gasket stuck to the case, seems really on there!

Back