Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx. for confirmation. My saw is low serial production build and has same case numbers. the larger size bearing pocket is destroyed and am looking for replacement caae half..
Curious to know what your serial number might be?

@ flatsfisher,
Your post made me go to the garage and make certain mine was still there; it is!
I bought mine new in 1979 (stationed at Holloman AFB) while in New Mexico. She cut a lot of logs in the National Forest (Cloudcroft NM) with a 20" bar.
When I retired from the AF and we bought this place (1991), I purchased a 24" bar for her too. She still works as she always has although I rarely run her now.
I have 2 Husqvarna today. A 359 with both a 20 and 24" bars and T435 (16"). All 3 of these have treated me well. I send wishes for similar performance for yours.
Lou

Looks very rare
Top cover is different from the HM. The air filter goes nowhere. The cylinder is clearly not HM, maybe a removable 6 stud Pioneer head. I see lots of fins cut up. Recoil and housing is way different. The case below the exhaust is cut and not HM. Oil tank cover not HM but has HM type oiler. Gas tank seems to be hacked away underneath. Was somebody trying to build a hot rod or keep a saw running?

She sure sells some cobbled up messes, I once bought a supposedly running RA from her, the cylinder had been busted completely off the chassis and then welded back on, not even close to centered or lined up, the piston was stuck up just a few degrees before TDC, used the covers and recoil on another rebuild, the rest was junk.

My first thoughts were that it is from Vancouver and out of the Research and development dept, What caught mt attention first was the missing angle brace on lower Handle, reminded me of the eatly HA before switching to HB model. l started thinking it was some incomplete cut away Saw.
Notice their is no identication logo's on it also.
Those are my thoughts on the Frankinstein .
lt could be something rare if fromR7D or some one else was trying to make a cut-away .

Back