Piped Husky in Burger King

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rmihalek

rmihalek

Where's the wood at?
I just saw a commercial for Burger King where they showed a logger cutting down a tree with what looked like a Husky with a nice expansion chamber on it. As the tree falls, the logger steps back a couple feet and then there's the Burger King himself on the other side of the tree with a nice greasy hamburger for the logger to chow down on.

The part that really got me was that they had a pipe on the saw. I wonder which marketing guy thought of that!?

McC

ArboristSite Guru
I just saw that too during the Viking/ Falcon game. I didn't get a good look, kind of a double take to a commercial I really wasn't paying attention to. Next time I will watch closer.
Scott

Max

ArboristSite Operative
I saw that ad also.
It was a bit odd with the piped saw.

Why do they always portray woodcutters in plaid shirts all the time?

Oh wait, I just looked over my shoulder at my dirty laundry pile from this
weekends cutting. :)

Vman

ArboristSite Operative
fishhuntcutwood said:
Isn't it funny how often the media messes things up? Like in a movie when someone shoots 10 rounds out of a single colum 1911, or when someone runs away from a bear and outruns it, or like Ed said, when they make a piped saw sound like a mufflered saw....idiots.

Jeff
the scenes that have me rolling are the shootouts where they are shooting at the bad guys 4 blocks away up on a rooftop using the 1911's, 4" mod 10's, glock 9mm's and so on...they need a reality check and try it for real at 25Y. oh....how can i forget john wayne and all the western gun slingers?...LOL
and how about SGT Schultz in Hogan's Heroes? ever notice he is carrying a Krag?

Last edited:
BlueRidgeMark

BlueRidgeMark

Addicted to ArboristSite
You ought to go to China and watch some of their local Kung Fu action series. Kind of like our Westerns - set back in time a hundred years or so. They are hillarious.

Then you watch the actual Kung Fu bouts in the ring. VERY different.

shooting at the bad guys 4 blocks away up on a rooftop using the 1911's, 4" mod 10's, glock 9mm's and so on...they need a reality check and try it for real at 25Y

Not many can hit accurately at THAT range! :D

Chris J.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
What about the old cop shows where they used .38 snubnoses & could hit a guy a hundred yards away (one shot only, of course)? Or the .380s that could blast a big man clean off his feet? Or the tough guys who could take a 12 gauge blast point blank, and live through it?

Max

ArboristSite Operative
It is amazing how they portray that junk.

However the one point blank shotgun to the chest exception...Larry Flint.

Oh I almost forgot.....chainsaw chainsaw chainsaw...

lesorubcheek

lesorubcheek

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yea, I agree. I try to understand who the media is actually able to appeal to? When I see a stupid commercial, I usually make it a point NOT to buy the stuff, if at all possible. Not being a Burger King regular, I guess this won't change my lifestyle.

Dan

McCullough

McCullough

ArboristSite Lurker
I wished the Simpsons would do a parady of the BK spot as safety message about proper chainsaw use - after handing the sandwich over to the lumberjack the King suddenly topples over at the knees, having been cut in half by the chainsaw because he was standing too close.

GOBRDGO

GOBRDGO

ArboristSite Operative
I think the King is kinda scary in a poltergist clown sort of way. He rubs me the wrong way. All the guys at work had to tell me about this dumba$$ commercial because it had the pipesaw in it. WOW. LOL

Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters

Addicted to ArboristSite
the burger king guy, well, he creeps me out, he's always got ONE and ONLY one expression on his face, and it seems strange to me since normal people, have more than one expression to show. I friggin hate that crap. time for a new version of a commercial for them.

Vman

ArboristSite Operative
he only has 1 expression on his face cause he most likely has had a CVA from eating all that food that was cooked with the 2-cycle oil.

"can i have a whopper, coke, 32:1 fries, and 16:1 onion rings PLEASE" :p

bugfart

bugfart

ArboristSite Operative
If I look out my window and that thing is looking in; I will put that H&K flare gun to use. If I don't have a heart attack first.

Oops, wrong board.

If I look out my window and that thing is looking in; I'll beat it to death with my Homelite model 17. God knows it's never going to run.

If it did run, what type of chain would you suggest? Having been to Burger King I will consider this a self lubricating application to the chain.

Max

ArboristSite Operative
"If I look out my window and that thing is looking in; I'll beat it to death with my Homelite model 17. God knows it's never going to run."

bugfart...now that is funny! :) I do hope you get it running!

smokechase II

smokechase II

Addicted to ArboristSite
Don't worry about looking out a window to find that King looking in.
When Burger King first started using that guy it was in an add 4-5 months ago where he popped up in bed with another guy chowing down on something from BK.
Same expression then.
What does this say about our logger?
Worry about rolling over and ....... Do you keep a loaded 090 next to your head?

Latest posts