Please confirm diagnosis

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be in your grubby hands soon.

Steve
Carb came in yesterday. @HarleyT thanks for the gasket. That saved me from 20 minutes of swearing.

The saw runs really well. I didn't have time to mess with it too much. The 1 test cut that I did have time for... it idles nicely and cuts with power, so I would say it's fixed. I can't wait to dig it into more wood.

Thank you because I boogered up the gasket as I was removing the old carb. I've made gaskets before, but I'm sure I would have let many 4-letter words fly when making that little impulse hole.
Those aren't too hard to make. We have an assortment of punches that I use to make hole with. I also use a block of wood so the punch with drive into that instead of the work bench. The work bench is covered in rubber so stuff just don't slid around. I've learned to punch my holes first then cut out the gaskets. I made a lot of gaskets when I rebuilt my poulan 5200. You just don't find those online hardly.

Steve

Those aren't too hard to make. We have an assortment of punches that I use to make hole with. I also use a block of wood so the punch with drive into that instead of the work bench. The work bench is covered in rubber so stuff just don't slid around. I've learned to punch my holes first then cut out the gaskets. I made a lot of gaskets when I rebuilt my poulan 5200. You just don't find those online hardly.

Steve
Rubber coated work bench?

Kinky..........

Rubber coated work bench?

Kinky..........
It was dad's idea, the top has two layers of 3/4 plywood. He figured with me working on saws and stuff that oil and gas would mess up the top and he didn't want that. So the top got a layer of fabric back thick rubber. Looks like it was a wide smooth conveyor belt from a mill he worked at.

Steve

Steve
I've managed with a sharp knife and a steady hand. But yes, I should get a punch set.

ETA:
Oh look, Huztl Tools has them :D
https://www.harborfreight.com/9-piece-hollow-punch-set-3838.html

The big work bench is 4x12, 3/4 thick steel, made for the heavy stuff. Works great when rebuilding hydraulic cylinders or any thing else that's pretty heavy, but I won't work on a saw with it, don't want to scratch them up no more than they are.

Steve

Latest posts

Back