Please critique my Square filing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CaseyForrest said:
If Rick or EJ show up, whats the point???!!

Im not building a race chain....yet....It will probably take me a full day to get this square thing nailed down. My wife is gonna be pissed!!!

Tell her your in school..LOL

CaseyForrest said:
If Rick or EJ show up, whats the point???!!

Im not building a race chain....yet....It will probably take me a full day to get this square thing nailed down. My wife is gonna be pissed!!!

IT is going to take a lot longer that a day to learn.... Of coarse, you have the benifit of the stock square ground to look at for reference. I did not have that when i started, but once I had one to look at, it went much quicker.

Kris, i use a couple files. I used some STIHL chisel bit files. They are good files, but i have taken a liking to the Pferd triangle files for work chains.

I also tried a SaveEdge brand file. It is my new favorite, but they are expensive where i get them at.

CaseyForrest said:
Wally, I see ya lurking down there. We may have to gtg and try this out.

Just give me yell. The offer is always there. Hope your headace goes away. :laugh:

Freakingstang said:
IT is going to take a lot longer that a day to learn.... Of coarse, you have the benifit of the stock square ground to look at for reference. I did not have that when i started, but once I had one to look at, it went much quicker.

Kris, i use a couple files. I used some STIHL chisel bit files. They are good files, but i have taken a liking to the Pferd triangle files for work chains.

I also tried a SaveEdge brand file. It is my new favorite, but they are expensive where i get them at.

Steve, tell me how much you need for the 3/8 tip.

Looks like Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder tag teamed it with a wood rasp. Im kidding, after seeing my own early creations I have nothing to say about anybody elses.

Back