Please Read

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Losing your father suddenly hurts like hell. Try to focus on the good memories. Crying followed by laughter followed by more crying- it's an emotional roller coaster. So sorry to hear of your loss. The pain never goes away but gets much easier to handle over time.

You did what you could, in many ways.
Easy to say, but my dad died slowly after a serious stroke- no way to live.
At least your dad was in his element, with his people. That'd be my choice.

It'll probably help you most to help others deal with this. Think of the fun times.

Scott,
So sorry for your loss. As many have said, remember all the good times. I turned 59 today, my dad is 82. Starting in Sept. through winter, I usually spend my Saturdays cutting wood, dad will call on Fri. nite and say "what time we cutting wood tomorrow". I will get up early and cut a couple loads then go pick him up once it warms up or thaws out to help eliminate some of the mishaps he could have(falling). I hate to not have him come with me, but on the other hand, as you mentioned, you have to watch constantly. Don't beat yourself up, he went doing what he loved with a great son.

Last edited:
Awe man, I am sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could say to make it better.

You and your family are in my prayers

My heart is breaking for you.
:weep:
I hope you can find strength in knowing you are in the thoughts and prayers of your AS family and I'm sure many more. If you need anything... Please don't hesitate to ask...

I feel bad for you my friend. This is a dark day. Keep in mind that there is always light even in darkness. My Dad went when I was 31, eleven years later, I know one thing he is looking out for me.

So sorry to hear of your loss...Maybe some good will come of this though. Maybe many of us reading of your loss, will just be a little more careful next time we are in the woods, with this fresh on our minds.

Gregg,

Man I am so sorry. This hits you in the heart like nothing else. I promise to pray for you and the family. This is a tough thing to face. I pray that you will cherish the memories of your father. It touched my heart to hear you say he was your best friend. Nobody wants to lose their best friend -- and not in this manner for sure. Keep looking up! We're here for you.

Sorry to hear this man. My grandfather had Alzheimer's when he died and my dad is showing signs now at age 67 so I know it runs in my family as well. Beginning stages of Alzheimer's is very difficult because people seem very normal 90% of the time except for that one glitch every once and a while. There is no way to know when they will show signs and you cant stop doing what you love becase of it. You have to live life. It sound to me like neither one of you did anything wrong. It was just your fathers time to go. We will all get there some day. Stay strong for yourself and family and honor his life as you see fit. God bless.

I am so so sorry to hear about this. I just hope you can figure out a way to remember the good time and remember that he went out doing what he loved with his best friend and son.

My condolences to you and your family. Stay strong for them and if you can celebrate his life and the good times.

It took a lot of heart to post what you did..... That isn't easy. I commend you for that.

My Wife lost her Father and Mother at a young age (dad was 43, she was 19, Mom died at 51, she was 28) Very hard for her, but was strong.

Sorry for your loss and our condolences go out to your family.

Latest posts

Back