Please vote for a saw and help me decide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get the 250 orange, not the bes, not the worst. I'd even push you to look at a 290, but it's more than it sounds like you need. You know what they say about a-holes and opinions? Everybodies got one and they all stink! You have to live with it, not us, get what feels good in you're hands, I cant stress that enough!!! YOU have to run it, if it doesn't feel "right" it never will!! I don't think you will be running it enough to wear any saw out soon, so go with you're gut!

Thanks redneck

Finally, a little common sense. Well put redneck. I don't mind paying for a good saw. I am in the process of buying the home and outbuildings on myparents old farm. My Dad was tragically killed in a car crash in October. With the help of my 2 sons and my brother we will have to take care of 160 acres so I will be running the saw a lot. I liked the sound of the MS250 altough it vibrated a little more than my son's new Echo CS440. I like the CS370 Echo, but I get really annoyed by an underpowered saw. Both Echo and Stihl have excellent dealer support in my area. The MS210 is pretty well out of the question because it weighs nearly as much as the 250? So........3 choices CS370, CS440, or MS250? Later I will buy a bucking saw to cut firewood, sounds like MS361 is the only way to go there. I'll probably buy that one early this fall for firewood season. Now........intelligent responses would be great. Again, thanks to you redneck for making sense.

Oh c'mon Niko... he didn't even want a junk Dolmar or Husqvarna to begin with... I guess I just don't understand...:help:

Gary

:laugh: :laugh: :rockn:

All crap aside, I never said the 250 is a bad saw - just not the best in the class.

It does what it was designed to do.

Guys, I have looked at a ton of saws and based on dealer availability have narrowed my search to 2 brands and 3 or 4 models. I am considering either an Echo CS370 or CS440 or a Stihl MS250 or MS210. Again, I already have big saws. I am looking for a light saw for small "clean up" work. This saw will see a lot of use so I want it to be comfortable to use. My son bought a new CS440 Echo and it is the easiest saw to run I have ever seen. It's like running an electric saw its so smooth. My biggest question is would I be better off with 35-37cc 16 inch saw or a 45cc 18 inch saw?

Cant help with choosing between Echo and Stihl, but if you decide to go with Stihl pick the MS250. Without the -BE it has one of the best power-to-weight ratios in that class. The 210 just have the same weight with lesser power.

Latest posts

Back