Poll: Yea or Nay on the flippy caps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yea or Nay on flippy caps if you had a choice

• Total voters
Well there was that one lady..... but I think she may just have wanted to feel my muscular hands helping her do it.... I mean put the fippy cap on...... :msp_ohmy:

WAIT.... no one knows my wife here right?.....:eek2:

Awww yes, I forgot about her. Thing is she was putting it on and you took it upon yourself to grab her hand and help her. I'm sure those cute boobies and tight jeans played no part,hehe, hey does your wife read this site, oh my the dirt I got on you, bring me 100.00 tomorrow or your gonna have a blue blue Christmas feller,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Good God. Another flippy cap poll/thread?

Shut up and cut, or get off the pot and give your Stihl to someone else!:dizzy:

I still like the old screw on caps. You can call me what you want but I like simplicity. I dont think I ever needed a srewdriver to remove the screw on fuel caps or oil caps. The old caps go with the saying kiss, Keep IT Simple Stupid.

gaaassssssp! another flippy cap thread? There must be a problem with those things.:hmm3grin2orange: Let's ask the OP, hey opee! what do ya think of them Stihl flippy caps?

Yes you can so could you explain why Stihl is killing the other brands in sales, awwwwwwww must be those dayummm flippy caps, yup they tried to make them dummy proof but they had no idea someone was making better dummies,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

BTW Sawtroll likes flippy caps, good try though,hehe

This is pasted from a post I made in another thread regarding dealers.

Until getting a case of CAD I always bought Stihl products. Here is a list of what happened at the Husky dealer, (who all the loggers go for service, any brand he will work on) and Stihl dealer who sells low end John Deere equiptment. This Stihl dealer is way better than the other Stihl dealers in the area too.

Husky:
1. I took a brand new Makita 6401 in to make sure it was set up right, he removed the limiter caps, checked with a tach and tuned the saw free of charge.
2. Sold me a 346XP at the best price I could find and threw in 2 LPX chains.
3. Sold me a powerbox for the 346 for $20.
4. Sold me a pair of Husqvarna pants for $25 he got on close out.

Stihl

1. Told me I didn't need a MS261 and should buy MS290 he had in stock.
2. Parts have always been very expensive.
3. I took a Stihl 028 that I bought on Craigslist for $75. The saw had a bent handle and an air leak. He wanted $150-200 to fix it. The saw had 160PSI compression. He gave me what I had in it. That was an error before I knew about this site.

Which dealer would you go to? And by the way, no Flippy Caps.

gaaassssssp! another flippy cap thread? There must be a problem with those things.:hmm3grin2orange: Let's ask the OP, hey opee! what do ya think of them Stihl flippy caps?

Ahhh...........let me think..........Oh I know, I like the caps on my trusty 028 better.:clap:

Ahhh...........let me think..........Oh I know, I like the caps on my trusty 028 better.:clap:

You have excellent taste in chainsaws, now we just need to work of your favorite football team.:rock:

carry on.:clap:

You have excellent taste in chainsaws, now we just need to work of your favorite football team.:rock:

carry on.:clap:

Actually I am not a football fan. I just put that in the poll.

I am packing right now for a pheasant hunting trip tomorrow through Sunday. The boys in my avatar are stoked.:rock:

okay well lets get this straight?! the AV series/Pre-flippy Stihl's are rock solid saws, with no gay flippy toy caps ! If you had a problem with the stihl screw caps and prefer the flippy, its because you tried to over tighten the screw caps, probably because the seal was a little brittle and not sealing 100% ...these caps are rock solid if looked after as are all caps. but the flippy cap is better suited to NON PRO saws (they belong in the cheap plastic home owner range) if you go out and spend $1500/2000+ on a professional range STIHL saw, you would expect a better cap than the flippy ...I love Stihl saws, and ill buy any AV model and early 038, 066, 084 and some of the Pre-flippy saws.... but i won't be spending hard earned money on a Pro-Saw with Home owner crap caps.

The thread the other day got some a little fired up on the Stihl flippy caps.

The question is if you were buying a new Stihl to have flippy caps or the old style screw in.

1. You bet, flippy caps are a da bomb

2. I like the old style screw in caps

3. Will the Packers win the Super Bowl
You forgot the fourth option, "neither. Stihl couldn't poor piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel, nor engineer a fuel cap worth a damn."

:msp_thumbup:

Actually I am not a football fan. I just put that in the poll.

I am packing right now for a pheasant hunting trip tomorrow through Sunday. The boys in my avatar are stoked.:rock:
I haven't seen many pheasants yet this year, still waiting for our first snow fall that will stick around. Good luck this weekend!

okay well lets get this straight?! the AV series/Pre-flippy Stihl's are rock solid saws, with no gay flippy toy caps ! If you had a problem with the stihl screw caps and prefer the flippy, its because you tried to over tighten the screw caps, probably because the seal was a little brittle and not sealing 100% ...these caps are rock solid if looked after as are all caps. but the flippy cap is better suited to NON PRO saws (they belong in the cheap plastic home owner range) if you go out and spend $1500/2000+ on a professional range STIHL saw, you would expect a better cap than the flippy ...I love Stihl saws, and ill buy any AV model and early 038, 066, 084 and some of the Pre-flippy saws.... but i won't be spending hard earned money on a Pro-Saw with Home owner crap caps.

Thats not the reason I like them. I like them because they pop right in and out no matter if I have gloves on or not. I've had two Stihls with flippys and have maybe 200 or more tanks ran between the two with no problems.
I don't think it's the overtightening of caps that made me like flippys, but the simplicity of them. I have a 660 with screw caps and it doesnt ever need a scrench to loosen or tighten.
That said, I like the Husky caps better than about any of them. They just work good for me. Truth be told, I really don't care what kind of cap the saw comes with. I never have problems out of any of them. Just gotta use em by the book.

I still wish Husky had the transparent tank though. Thats one ole Stihl has all over them. :msp_tongue:

Thats not the reason I like them. I like them because they pop right in and out no matter if I have gloves on or not. I've had two Stihls with flippys and have maybe 200 or more tanks ran between the two with no problems.
I don't think it's the overtightening of caps that made me like flippys, but the simplicity of them. I have a 660 with screw caps and it doesnt ever need a scrench to loosen or tighten.
That said, I like the Husky caps better than about any of them. They just work good for me. Truth be told, I really don't care what kind of cap the saw comes with. I never have problems out of any of them. Just gotta use em by the book.

I still wish Husky had the transparent tank though. Thats one ole Stihl has all over them. :msp_tongue:
I always tighten caps "by hand" on all my saws (stihl & husky) never had a problem with the 066 or 038 (screw caps) and truth be told I prefer the 090's caps (Av's) I don't use the plastic saws and I believe the flippy is best suited to the less professional range of saws (maybe even the cheap china saws should inherit them) ...that's my opinion I just like the traditional stihl's caps better, they seem less toy like to me. and yer I have used flippys and owned them, they just seem weak and out of place on a "Stihl Pro-saw"

This is pasted from a post I made in another thread regarding dealers.

Until getting a case of CAD I always bought Stihl products. Here is a list of what happened at the Husky dealer, (who all the loggers go for service, any brand he will work on) and Stihl dealer who sells low end John Deere equiptment. This Stihl dealer is way better than the other Stihl dealers in the area too.

Husky:
1. I took a brand new Makita 6401 in to make sure it was set up right, he removed the limiter caps, checked with a tach and tuned the saw free of charge.
2. Sold me a 346XP at the best price I could find and threw in 2 LPX chains.
3. Sold me a powerbox for the 346 for $20.
4. Sold me a pair of Husqvarna pants for $25 he got on close out.

Stihl

1. Told me I didn't need a MS261 and should buy MS290 he had in stock.
2. Parts have always been very expensive.
3. I took a Stihl 028 that I bought on Craigslist for $75. The saw had a bent handle and an air leak. He wanted $150-200 to fix it. The saw had 160PSI compression. He gave me what I had in it. That was an error before I knew about this site.

Which dealer would you go to? And by the way, no Flippy Caps.

Well sir you probably increased Huskies sales by 20% this year with your purchase there, good for you, they need all the help they can get. Oh I know, you thought I might care, sorry to disappoint ya, :msp_tongue::msp_tongue:

BTW, I own a nice 346 too, nice saw, not quite as nice or as powerfull as the 261 but its ok,wink!!!

You forgot the fourth option, "neither. Stihl couldn't poor piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel, nor engineer a fuel cap worth a damn."

:msp_thumbup:

Well that sounds like a typical sister loving redneck talking there, oh wait, its you Space, shoulda known, I like ya sister too,hehehe

Latest posts

Back