Popular 375 Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeave96

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My son was given a Poulan 375 chainsaw - not a problem. However, it does not have an anti-kickback lever brake built onto the chain cover like later model saws do - so from a safety concern, I'm concerned.

Question is - is there another model Poulan that is newer that would have a cover with the chain brake that I could order as a replacement part and fit it to this chainsaw?

Thanks!
Bill

the chain brake for that model was an option, they come up on ebay from time to time, or you could trade or sell that saw and get one that does have a brake, if your son is responsible and safe he should not have a problem with that saw, # 5300 (69208) for the brake assembly.

My son was given a Poulan 375 chainsaw - not a problem. However, it does not have an anti-kickback lever brake built onto the chain cover like later model saws do - so from a safety concern, I'm concerned.

Question is - is there another model Poulan that is newer that would have a cover with the chain brake that I could order as a replacement part and fit it to this chainsaw?

Thanks!
Bill
I won't use a saw regularly without a chain brake or A/V, and wouldn't let my son either. There is no need as both these features have been produced for decades. If you can't find the parts get a different saw.

Thanks!
Bill

Let me know if u want to sell it

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl
Husqvarna 36

I won't use a saw regularly without a chain brake or A/V, and wouldn't let my son either. There is no need as both these features have been produced for decades. If you can't find the parts get a different saw.

Yeah right, its a wonder I'm still alive after all these years...

To each there own, it matters to me not if they have a brake or not. In fact I prefer this series of Poulans not to have a brake, the brake assy added a lot of weight to the saw.

Yeah right, its a wonder I'm still alive after all these years...

To each there own, it matters to me not if they have a brake or not. In fact I prefer this series of Poulans not to have a brake, the brake assy added a lot of weight to the saw.
Yes, to each their own. It does not matter to me at all if you use a brake or not, merely stating my opinion. And I've done lots of things in my past that I survived but would not do now.

It's not like running a saw with no brake or A/V scares me, rather it's good protection against likely events that could cause injury. And at almost zero penalty as there are many good saws that have both.

"merely stating my opinion"

That seems pretty important to you..

You said it as did I, no need to keep quoting and going on about it.
Lol, when I stated my opinion originally I was not quoting you or anyone else in a sarcastic manner, rather supporting the OP's comments. You replied to me, as if I should somehow give a crap, not to the thread in general or the OP.

I never cared about your opinion, but you obviously did about mine.

Lol, when I stated my opinion originally I was not quoting you or anyone else in a sarcastic manner, rather supporting the OP's comments. You replied to me, as if I should somehow give a crap, not to the thread in general or the OP.

I never cared about your opinion, but you obviously did about mine.

Ha, ha, just keep throwing your opinions around, obviously yours are the only ones that matter although most others don't care.

Ha, ha, just keep throwing your opinions around, obviously yours are the only ones that matter although most others don't care.
Sorry my opinion triggered you, best go find a safe space.
Those chainbrakes are around if someone just has to feel better by having one. They will not keep a careless person from getting hurt, but hey whatever.
Or he could get rid of it and get a good saw, like a PM610. They all had chain brakes.

Those chainbrakes are around if someone just has to feel better by having one. They will not keep a careless person from getting hurt, but hey whatever.View attachment 535427

How much

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl
Husqvarna 36

Thanks!
Bill
Curiosity has me on this, how old is your son? Maybe another saw with all the added safety features would be a good one to start him out on until he gets well versed with how a saw operates and should be handled (with or without a brake) once he has come to grips with proper saw use he could use the 375 like God and the poulan engineers intended, very few of my saws have a chain brake, anti vibe, an operator presence lever, or safety chain and I only run full chisel. My safety is between my ears, if I'm not going to use the saw for a minute or two it gets shut off. And if I need to set it down for a few seconds to move a log I set it out of the way so that nothing goes wrong. Just a thought.

Heck I never even knew what a chainbrake was until I was probably in my mid 20's and have been running a saw since I was 11. Ofcourse I drank from a garden hose and rode in truck beds also....
How did you ever survive such a tragic and dangerous childhood

Back