Ported 70cc work saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who makes the hottest 7900's doing the rounds now? I know EC made some really quick ones but honestly haven't seen too many build threads on this model of late.

That is smoking fast for a saw that is able to run a long bar as well as that saw will.

Durand did good on that beast.
Even a blind Hog finds an Acorn every once in awhile :laugh:.

That saw has nothing special done to it...just came out well. Jeremys chain probably helps it more than my grinding.

441C
x=extra
b=bannannas

441cxb = a Masterminded saw, with extra bannannas
Mustang knew that!! Lol! He just hadnt had his coffee yet! I bet a ride in that 5.0 with the accelerator buried would wake him up!!! Lol! Mustang my nephew just bought an all blacked out new 800hp Shelby Cobra!! Talk about ported!!!

Here I'm on the Stihl website looking for xb, foolish of me.

Also, my Stang is just a 4.6, wish it were a 5.0, those motors are very strong. The SC really wakes it up, but the 5.0 with the same SC is about 200 HP more!
My F150 fx2 is 5.0 with the manual shift on the console option. Pretty peppy for a cruiser

The guy next door (who bought my 441) has an F-150 w/the 5.4, that truck will tow a lot, but it eats the gas.

4.6, 5.0 (new one only) 5.4, and 5.8 are all in the same engine family. They have cross bolted mains to keep the crank in place like the old Ford 406 & 427 motors. That was one of the things that made them more durable than their competitors back in the day. When Ford took on Ferrari with the GT-40 back in 1966 with the 427 Ford Engines (they originally had 289s), Ford finished 1,2,& 3 in the 24 hrs of Lemans, and amazing accomplishment.

I've got a 7900 that should be here today!!! I hear it's pretty angry! :chainsaw:

Do you have to pay extra for the carb mods for that saw, or is it all included w/the standard fee? Almost 80cc done up right, yea, it should be very strong. Should have had Randy ship it to the GTG so we could telly you how much we like it!!!!

Why isn't the ms460 mentioned? Seems like a good candidate. It is the same weight As a 441, but more cc's and power??

Back