Ported 70cc work saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad, that is what I was getting out of reading it, and I would like to run them all some day, did not knock any of them.

Ryan, I like to go to GTGs cause I don't get the trigger time you do, and I get to run all kinds of stuff I don't own, Stihl & Otherwise. I think it is a lot of fun, and you also get to see some stuff that looks like it came from the museum, really cool stuff! I understand you likely get enough of it w/o them. I have often told people, don't make your hobby your job, it will stop being your hobby.

To sum it up, I think Randy's post was right on. No argument from me.

There's a reason I'm a Stihl guy running Husky saws. The more saws I modded and ran, the more I couldn't deny it. The performance edge usually goes to Husky. In some cases, it's not just speed. I love the way they feel. That's a personal thing, that is totally subjective. My ported 261 ran neck and neck with my 346. My 440/460 is amazing, but it's no match for a hot 372. Now, the Stihl heads shouldn't get bent out of shape over this. I'm splitting hairs at this point. The 261, 440, 460, and 461 are all amazing saws that respond VERY well to mods. The difference is only really seen with a stopwatch, which obviously won't matter to many.

I actually like the "feel" of the Stihls better. Like you said, it comes down to personal preference.

At the risk of sounding like a whiner.....the exhaust note of a 372 gives me a terrible headache after a few hours. :laugh:

I've had and sold about a dozen of them......so I'd say I've given them a fair shake.

I actually like the "feel" of the Stihls better. Like you said, it comes down to personal preference.

At the risk of sounding like a whiner.....the exhaust note of a 372 gives me a terrible headache after a few hours. :laugh:

I've had and sold about a dozen of them......so I'd say I've given them a fair shake.
It is amazing that certain saws have a unique sound. There's nothing like an old Homie on a crisp, cold winter morning. I like them ALL as long as there is more metal than plastic ;)

I've finally gotten the gains I wanted from the 241. It took about four tries to get them nailed down, but I'm there now.

Thats cool randy..id personally have a hard time havin 800 dollars in a 40cc saw though..but im gettin cheap these days..saw prices are gettin ridiculous these days :(

Back