Porting The MS201T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IDK what the actual rpm is that it limits to but the new version is not intrusive like the original one. In a normal working situation (ie: not a piss revving contest) you wont even hit it really. I had a 1st gen 201 that I did not care for at all. I just picked up a new one and can honestly say I am very pleased with it. The saw runs great right out of the box. I did richen up the tune slightly but mostly cause I am running 40:1.

I just got a new cylinder for my 260 what is the min squish I can take it to. I was going to mill the base and delete the gasket how much is too much squish

The MS260 normally hits the squish band when the gasket is deleted.
Leads me to a new question how do I build more compression I have access to a mill and lathe and competent at operation. I have read completely through your 461 mod thread and understand the best I can what you do just not how to do it on 260

The 260 has a domed piston.........

Sometimes I manage to make huge compression........others not so much.

They are weird little bastards.

I cut the squish .035" on a 4° taper........out from the bore .200".

Then I cut the base to make the clearance .018"

Yikes I think I may just put it together and send it to you and let you work your magic or is the gains worth the money I will part with to you. On another subject is it safe to assume that you are the Stihl master and terry is the Husky king or so you both do them well

On my husky (flat top piston), I had one of the saws with 0 squish with no base gasket, I trimmed the top of the piston on a taper as well. It does of course change port opening times a little as well, but .015" isn't going to make or break it.

I also wander what would happen if the lower transfer was completely cut off on the lathe, .040-.050 off the squish then what ever's needed off the base. I'd be willing dyno both is your interested in trying it. I'd help with another jug also.

Yikes I think I may just put it together and send it to you and let you work your magic or is the gains worth the money I will part with to you. On another subject is it safe to assume that you are the Stihl master and terry is the Husky king or so you both do them well

Randy will work magic on both brands....he just pinches his nose closed when those stinky dogs are sittin in the shop.:laugh:

Sorry. Two jugs. One like you did it and the other one with the lower transfer nipple cut off and the lower transfer hogged out to match the case. Dyno test both and see what does better. Then cut the squish and the base on the jug without the nipple and dyno test again. I'd help with the funding of another new iem jug.

Randy will work magic on both brands....he just pinches his nose closed when those stinky dogs are sittin in the shop.:laugh:

Oh yeah, I build a bunch of Huskys.

I did 5 346XPs over the last couple of weeks. My 372/385/390s are bad ass.

I can make an AT Husky into a running mfer. I'm just disappointed in their lack of QC.

I see inside of enough of both brands (Stihl & Husky) to be 100% sure that Stihl gives a damn about the quality of their product more. Does that mean Husky is crap? Hell no. They build a good saw too....and they will gladly replace defective products. I know this because I hear about it all the time. :laugh:

Oh yeah, I build a bunch of Huskys.

I did 5 346XPs over the last couple of weeks. My 372/385/390s are bad ass.

I can make an AT Husky into a running mfer. I'm just disappointed in their lack of QC.

I see inside of enough of both brands (Stihl & Husky) to be 100% sure that Stihl gives a damn about the quality of their product more. Does that mean Husky is crap? Hell no. They build a good saw too....and they will gladly replace defective products. I know this because I hear about it all the time. :laugh:

I thought you said you was gonna burn all them Hooskees that was there?

What Gives Moobs?
;)

I'm just disappointed in their lack of QC. I'm just disappointed in their lack of QC. I'm just disappointed in their lack of QC. I'm just disappointed in their lack of QC. I'm just disappointed in their lack of QC.
I'm just disappointed in their lack of QC. I'm just disappointed in their lack of QC. I'm just disappointed in their lack of QC. I'm just disappointed in their lack of QC. I'm just disappointed in their lack of QC.

Latest posts

Back