Possible Winter GTG In Ohio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't Ohio offer a lifetime permit?

Not that I'm aware of. We only got our CCWs here about 4 years ago. A two day training class was required. The first ones expired after four years. The new ones are good for 5 and cost me $50. At that time we'll have to take another class. That's odd the Ohio doesn't reciprocate with Indiana, because I think Indiana does with Ohio.

Not that I'm aware of. We only got our CCWs here about 4 years ago. A two day training class was required. The first ones expired after four years. The new ones are good for 5 and cost me $50. At that time we'll have to take another class. That's odd the Ohio doesn't reciprocate with Indiana, because I think Indiana does with Ohio.

Ohio does not reciprocate with Indiana cause Indiana does not require the schooling.. We just have a background check and fingerprints.. My son turned 18 this year.,. He now has a lifetime CCW. I want to get an Ohio CCW too.. It is possible for out of staters to get the Ohio. But we have to go through the classroom and range requirements same as you.

Ohio does not reciprocate with Indiana cause Indiana does not require the schooling.. We just have a background check and fingerprints.. My son turned 18 this year.,. He now has a lifetime CCW. I want to get an Ohio CCW too.. It is possible for out of staters to get the Ohio. But we have to go through the classroom and range requirements same as you.

I would look into a Utah permit...They have recipricating agreements w/ 30 states and Ohio and Indiana are on the list...

Last edited:
Fred,

It would just be for "show and tell"!
There's not going to be any shooting.

unless the neighbors go to complaining.LOL

Mike

Fred for goodness the guns are pretty much a running joke. WK does not have a gun range..We are going to be playing with chainsaws. If you are up for playing some Russian roulette you will be playing alone.

Just got home from holiday traveling; been MIA for a few days.

Is the GTG still Saturday? Any chance it will get moved back a week or two? I am swamped from the holidays and don't know if I can get out there on a couple days notice.

Well I'm on the fence still even though its Wed. I like the temps but they are calling for 17mph wind. The warm up tomorrow might melt most of the snow and then the cold temps will freeze the ground so thats good but wind is not. However if the ground gets tight I can stage this in a clearing in the woods where there is protection from the wind. It is a nice clean clearing and parking can be right up close. If the wind doesn't materialize then I have a better spot but again I want the ground tight or it will just be a mud fest. Right now I'm going to wait till tomorrow morning to call it as the forecast should be close by then. I think the date is somewhat ideal as most will be off on Friday NY's day.

Any other thought I'm all eyes or ears if I talk to you.

a litle mud aint gonna kill anyone.... come on bill :chainsaw: ill bring a tow strap and a log chain just in case................enough noodles and we wont have to worry about mud

Back