Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today's Project

The rain has held off so far so I managed to get a couple projects out of the way.

Organized some "wet" kindlin', stacked where it'll get most of the days sun. Mostly slab off the mill and some small splits.

attachment.php

Stacked up some "quick hedge", oops, osage orange, for when Mrs wants a hot all night burn on the stove. A little white-wood of some sort for starter stacked on top.

attachment.php

The rain has held off so far so I managed to get a couple projects out of the way.

Organized some "wet" kindlin', stacked where it'll get most of the days sun. Mostly slab off the mill and some small splits.

attachment.php

Stacked up some "quick hedge", oops, osage orange, for when Mrs wants a hot all night burn on the stove. A little white-wood of some sort for starter stacked on top.

attachment.php

I have many projects you can finish too:laugh::laugh::laugh:

New to you guy's, and looking for splitter info when I ran upon this GREAT thread! Thought I would add some of my shots.

Well Gus, welcome to the forum! Looks like a nice operation you got there. Cool truck and splitter and looks like you might even be into milling a little too. Hang around you should fit right in. Have some rep!

I try to keep my woodpile as clean as I can get it and keep the area around the wood pile clean too. Who ever has the nicest/cleanest looking woodpile, I will send them some free stickers :)

Post away!

Shane
Won't win prizes for cleanest but it's about as tidy as I'll ever get. In fact, I'll never do this again as it was too much effort for nothing once my super split arrived and started eating rounds like they were candy.

View attachment 265789

I can't believe HD would sell that. On second thought why wouldn't HD sell that. They don't care if they rip people off. That has to be the biggest rip off. I want to meet the person that buys one of those.
..........or sell it at HD, you are sitting on a fortune!

BonfireBirchLogs.jpg

Won't win prizes for cleanest but it's about as tidy as I'll ever get. In fact, I'll never do this again as it was too much effort for nothing once my super split arrived and started eating rounds like they were candy.

View attachment 265789

WOW! That is one VERY tidy pile of rounds, well done! :clap:
At least you've got the picture to show how good it "used to look". :hmm3grin2orange:

Is that your wood splitter? Cause I thought about getting a saw mill instead of my log splitter. It seems like it would make it a lot easier. When you go to stack it, your stacks will be perfect every time.
Here's a little more of what we've been up to.

Around 300 bd ft of "highly valuable walnut".

attachment.php

A little cherry and a big red oak on the trailer.

attachment.php

Big oak, milling in process.

attachment.php

Firewood? Oh, yea. All the slab and cutoffs go in the firewood pile.

Is that your wood splitter? Cause I thought about getting a saw mill instead of my log splitter. It seems like it would make it a lot easier. When you go to stack it, your stacks will be perfect every time.

It's a PITA when you have to sticker every course to get it to dry :hmm3grin2orange:

No, I've got an old hydraulic for the firewood.

WOW! That is one VERY tidy pile of rounds, well done! :clap:
At least you've got the picture to show how good it "used to look". :hmm3grin2orange:
Thanks, but I don't need photographic evidence of my stupidity any more. It's an almost daily occurrence. Heck, the neighbours probably set their watches to it.

And welcome aboard Guswhit. Do you know the ground rules yet?
-If anyone mentions Fiskars, you are supposed to jump at that cue to write accolades about that brand until your fingers bleed.**
-If anyone asks what is a cord, you are supposed to argue about a 1/4 thrown face rick being the only legal measure that any honourable firewooder will ever use.**
-The second , if not before, you buy any new equipment even only remotely related to wood gathering, you are supposed to post post pictures and ask for advice about it and then 'light touch fuse and stand well clear'.**
-Remember the golden rule: pics or it didn't happen.

**These rules subject to change, augmentation, heated debate without prior notice.

Latest posts

Back