Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought it bitter irony, the farther north you go, the less hardwoods you had to pick from... :hmm3grin2orange:

Thats kinda funny for sure but with that in mind, I wouldnt trade a good load of Douglas Fir for any other "better" wood if it involved the least bit of effort...:msp_wink:

2012-12-07.jpg

Starting to think it might be about time for a new splitting block.

I went last week and picked up about a rick of year old oak, and today i got a chord of unsplit White oak, Some of the pieces are HUGE and some are small maybe tomorrow if I can remember I'll post a picture of next years wood both Split and unsplit :) ( only took four trips) I'm not totally sure but I think I have half as much as I have for this year already:)

Got up this morning, the rain had finally stopped. It rained all day and night yesterday. I was hoping it would clear up today so I could get some wood processed. Well, the sky didn't clear but the rain went away so that's just as good.

Started the day by running the brush up the chimney flue. It wasn't bad but we sleep better knowing it's clean. :)

The wood is wet from the rain and that green stuff on it made it slippery. I dunno if it's lichen or moss but whatever it is, it gets slippery as owl **** when it's wet. I managed to make a heck of a dent in it though... it's about 1/3 done.

WTG, Fred. Sorry about the rain. We've been getting it too. I sure do like that splitter. :msp_biggrin:

266498d1355021428-100_99-jpg

I supposed yall have 50f temps and tshirt cutting times.. It's -24f tonight.. 18 inches of snow so far on the ground.. Please keep these pics coming..

Latest posts

Back