Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I supposed yall have 50f temps and tshirt cutting times.. It's -24f tonight.. 18 inches of snow so far on the ground.. Please keep these pics coming..

Fixing that problem right now, snowing here with 8-12" coming and some single digit temps on the back side. Suppose I should go out and hang the plow on the truck while I can still find it.

Fixing that problem right now, snowing here with 8-12" coming and some single digit temps on the back side. Suppose I should go out and hang the plow on the truck while I can still find it.

I wouldn't wait to long.. I'm glad my winter prepping means installing my three point hitch blade.. and that only takes two minutes.. :clap:

I wouldn't wait to long.. I'm glad my winter prepping means installing my three point hitch blade.. and that only takes two minutes.. :clap:

Plow is on, truck is running like crap, suspect crappy gas from last spring. I'll limp through the driveway after the snow stops, then take the old girl down for a fresh tankful at the country store down the road.

Some days it's nicer to look at the wood stacks out the window than it is to be out working on them. This is the start of next year's wood, with 6" of fresh white stuff on it. I always like the first snow of the year, by the 9th or 10th one, not so much.

attachment.php

Plow is on, truck is running like crap, suspect crappy gas from last spring. I'll limp through the driveway after the snow stops, then take the old girl down for a fresh tankful at the country store down the road.

That's a $160 bill on my diesel. Argh!!!

I supposed yall have 50f temps and tshirt cutting times.. It's -24f tonight.. 18 inches of snow so far on the ground.. Please keep these pics coming..

Well, the Delmarva area doesn't see much extended cold. "Cold" around here is when it's below freezing. :D

We used to get a week or two of extended 20s temps during January and February. 4-foot icicles hanging from the eaves and they didn't melt. We haven't seen that in a few years around here. When I lived in the Virginia hill country, it happened every winter.

Well, the Delmarva area doesn't see much extended cold. "Cold" around here is when it's below freezing. :D

We used to get a week or two of extended 20s temps during January and February. 4-foot icicles hanging from the eaves and they didn't melt. We haven't seen that in a few years around here. When I lived in the Virginia hill country, it happened every winter.

i think we still get that week or tow where the highs are in the 20s and just 2 winters ago we had 68" of snow

Send some of that snow our way would ya?

I believe it's headed that direction. I'm keeping as much as I can for myself though. Call me selfish, but we're 10 inches shy of precip up here and it shows.

That's a $160 bill on my diesel. Argh!!!

34 gallon tank will still make a hundred dollar bill disappear into it pretty easily, even in a gas rig. $3.25 average up here for gas, diesel (on road) still hovering close to $4.

34 gallon tank will still make a hundred dollar bill disappear into it pretty easily, even in a gas rig. $3.25 average up here for gas, diesel (on road) still hovering close to $4.

Diesel's around $4 everywhere, the trucking industry is a captive market. Gas here around $3.60 and up. Another record breaking year for Exxon-Mobil.

Diesel's around $4 everywhere, the trucking industry is a captive market. Gas here around $3.60 and up. Another record breaking year for Exxon-Mobil.

I'm paying $4.30 or so for premium 93 octane no ethanol, but that's just for saws/small engine use, so not many gallons there compared to driving.

yep, road diesel is four bucks.

IHCCS, nice looking Cub Cadet, and I like the cherry picker mounted on the splitter. Rep headed your way!

Heard rumors of gas under $3 in the Twin Cities, but the lowest I saw on the way home was $3.07. Beats four bucks by a long shot, but still overpriced by about 2 bucks a gallon!

$3.159 up the street for low-test. I'm still holding off on buying diesel. 39 gallon tank goes pretty far for local driving.

Latest posts

Back