Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And welcome aboard Guswhit. Do you know the ground rules yet?
-If anyone mentions Fiskars, you are supposed to jump at that cue to write accolades about that brand until your fingers bleed.**
-If anyone asks what is a cord, you are supposed to argue about a 1/4 thrown face rick being the only legal measure that any honourable firewooder will ever use.**
-The second , if not before, you buy any new equipment even only remotely related to wood gathering, you are supposed to post post pictures and ask for advice about it and then 'light touch fuse and stand well clear'.**
-Remember the golden rule: pics or it didn't happen.

**These rules subject to change, augmentation, heated debate without prior notice.

You nailed it, KiwiBro, except for one. You're supposed to talk down your nose to newbies who ask a question that you just learned the answer to yesterday. Oh, and puff up your chest while doing so. ;o)

You nailed it, KiwiBro, except for one. You're supposed to talk down your nose to newbies who ask a question that you just learned the answer to yesterday. Oh, and puff up your chest while doing so. ;o)
hahahaha. How could I forget that rite of passage! Thank you for the reminder.

Nice Unimog Guswhit. Is it a diesel or a gasser? Where'd you pick that up from?

attachment.php

You would be one of the few who know's what a mog is. Here is a working picture with the new winch/skidder attachment I built.View attachment 265797

cool idea on the winch/skid. We use them a lot for trail maintenance on the Rubicon...usually with a truck bed for hauling rocks, etc. Dragging trees doesn't even slow one down :p

no need for firewood down here in Texas lol...its Hot all the time haha unlike 90% of the folk on this site..we consider 40 degrees freezing cold..im siting in my backyard drinking a beer burning some wood in a tshirt lol..but just for my firepit and camping I split a few pieces:)

20121110_165826.jpg

20121205_145810.jpg

Sent from Galaxy tab
-Stihl MS 180
-Stihl MS 361

Last edited:
Thanks, but I don't need photographic evidence of my stupidity any more. It's an almost daily occurrence. Heck, the neighbours probably set their watches to it.

And welcome aboard Guswhit. Do you know the ground rules yet?
-If anyone mentions Fiskars, you are supposed to jump at that cue to write accolades about that brand until your fingers bleed.**
-If anyone asks what is a cord, you are supposed to argue about a 1/4 thrown face rick being the only legal measure that any honourable firewooder will ever use.**
-The second , if not before, you buy any new equipment even only remotely related to wood gathering, you are supposed to post post pictures and ask for advice about it and then 'light touch fuse and stand well clear'.**
-Remember the golden rule: pics or it didn't happen.

**These rules subject to change, augmentation, heated debate without prior notice.

Thanks for the welcome. I do not know any ground rules. I am sure I will find out what they are as I make mistakes! As far as fiskars goes, never heard of what ever it is. I do not measure my wood with cords either, only truck loads, as that is how I sell it. I have come to this site for advice, although this is not the right thread so I won't start here. I have begun to take more pictures, especially since completing the skidder attachment for the unimog. Thanks again for the welcome.

Nice Unimog Guswhit. Is it a diesel or a gasser? Where'd you pick that up from?

attachment.php

It is a 1984 model 406 I purchased from the state of New Jersey theat used it to plow snow and it also had a 26' mulag boom mower mounted on it for mowing along guard rails. It is a 6 cylinder diesel.

Oh no... :popcorn:

Double, oh no...:potstir:

Gus, you will find out soon enough... :help:

:msp_biggrin:

I'll take some heat off him. I have never heard of a Unimog but it looks really cool and hey, it looks like you might have a Husky and a Stihl in the same box. Do they fight also?

finally got around to stacking all the logs and remembering to take some pictures.

all but 4 cords of this pile are from Sandy cleanup work over the last week weeks. the saw in the pics sports a 24" bar. The longest pile is stuff 14-21' long, second pile is 7-12' and the shorts are 3-6'. then the cull pile of random cut-offs and rounds.

59620_507518662615159_1481806186_n.jpg

537628_507518159281876_1817482395_n.jpg

I'll take some heat off him. I have never heard of a Unimog but it looks really cool and hey, it looks like you might have a Husky and a Stihl in the same box. Do they fight also?

Is that what was goin on?! A while back I had some craftsman saws in the truck with a stihl, kept hearing hissing and growling...:hmm3grin2orange:

Just 2 stihl's in that box. I think you may see my orange gal. jug of diesel treatment stuck in there also. I just looked up what the fiskars is. I actually have a Helko vario 2000 but I use my hydraulic splitter as I am not into THAT much work.

Oh, the heat won't be on him. But that is a recipe for a thread derail if I've ever seen one.

Back