Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1608y0.jpg
yes some big wood I think I see you lol

Decided it was time for a noodle party, as these big rounds with the internal branch twists and crookedness where becoming a pain to split. Noodled 'em down much smaller, should be easier now. Used my 371xp with a 24 on it and some really whipped home renter chain I had to keep touching up every tank, but the saw was great, never clogged once. Didn't do them all, but most of them. Then a pic of the stack they are going on, getting bigger!

Attachments

• IMG_20140704_164802.jpg
    IMG_20140704_164802.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20140704_164821.jpg
    IMG_20140704_164821.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 134
I'm new here. I've learned a lot from this site. Thanks! It's been up to the kids and me to get the wood put up for next winter. We split by hand (15 yr old daughter loves to split) all the scrounged wood we get. Most of this was cut with a weak little 16" Homelite electric chainsaw. Wow what a difference a gas saw made. Now the Mcculloch 16" eager beaver isn't firing, so we're at a standstill until I can figure it out. But here are our little piles and splitting station. I cut from a crib pile to save my back. You can see a corner of the crib pile in the corner of one picture. Thanks for all the inspiration and expertise!
8e4ygary.jpg

5asymyqe.jpg

va6yjy2y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Marcy-M and good on you regarding the 15 year old that enjoys splitting! I love all my children but when either of the girls or the boy join me for some "Daddy-fun" whether in the garage, the yard, or the woods, it's the best part of being a parent!

Nice woodpile too!

I'm new here. I've learned a lot from this site. Thanks! It's been up to the kids and me to get the wood put up for next winter. We split by hand (15 yr old daughter loves to split) all the scrounged wood we get. Most of this was cut with a weak little 16" Homelite electric chainsaw. Wow what a difference a gas saw made. Now the Mcculloch 16" eager beaver isn't firing, so we're at a standstill until I can figure it out. But here are our little piles and splitting station. I cut from a crib pile to save my back. You can see a corner of the crib pile in the corner of one picture. Thanks for all the inspiration and expertise!

Howdy! You can introduce yourself on the chainsaw forum as well, and drop an approximate location. There might be a nearby member with a better cheap saw or could help you with the repair. Small more modern macs are some of the more problematic saws to work on..most times.

Nice wood pile!

I have four legged friends who come and help, doing wood, working on the truck, etc.

I asked them one day, what are they doing watching me, they said "making sure the dinosaurs don't sneak up on ya".....

...everyone needs a job I guess.... ;)

Thanks for the welcome Bill . The three youngest help with the wood (they don't have a choice) but the 15 year old really likes it. Plus her room's in the coldest part of the house! Her initiative sure does make it easier, and she keeps me on my toes as far as keeping enough wood around for her to split.

Thanks about our piles, but I know we're beginners. I'm sure it shows. Lol sure glad the btus don't know that though :)

This forum has been so valuable for learning things like noodling. I still have a long way to go!

Thanks for the welcome Bill . The three youngest help with the wood (they don't have a choice) but the 15 year old really likes it. Plus her room's in the coldest part of the house! Her initiative sure does make it easier, and she keeps me on my toes as far as keeping enough wood around for her to split.

Thanks about our piles, but I know we're beginners. I'm sure it shows. Lol sure glad the btus don't know that though :)

This forum has been so valuable for learning things like noodling. I still have a long way to go!

Gee Marcy, if every one of us that felt like our wood piles pale in comparison to others on this forum didn't post, there'd be very few posters! I burn one to two full cords a year, mostly for the joy of it, but it does cut down on heating costs up here along the CheeseLine, in Northern IL. Next years wood has been split and stacked since last Spring/Summer ('13) and I'll have next year's wood put up this year.

I'm no pro by any stretch, but I sure do enjoy pretending when swinging a maul or even the Fiskars. I even bought an old hydraulic splitter last year in preparation for slowing down as the years pass, but have only used it once, just to teach my son how to use it. He prefers pounding wood too!

I look forward to hearing of your exploits and seeing more pics when you can!

Thanks zogger! Funny about the critters :) I'm near Dallas, and I was afraid that was the case with the saw. My first choice was a Stihl, but I was over ruled by the checkbook and the guys. Ha ha basically they bought weed eaters and a blower, and oh hey. Here's a chainsaw in the deal too. Next season, i hope to get a Stihl or Husqvarna.

I'm not too good with this iPhone yet, so I haven't figured out how to like posts etc.

now that I got the nerve up to post on here. I'll find the chainsaw one. Thanks for the tip! I have a lot of newbie questions that I haven't found answers for yet. :)

Wow! Thanks Bill! I didn't know there was such a thing. I'll definitely check it out.

The gas chainsaw doesn't wear me out like the electric one does. Definitely looking forward to trading up. In the meantime I think this one's problem might be something to do with the chain break safety handle.

Thanks again!

So, yesterday I added some 4 ties and some pallets to extend my current working stack. I had to start going through bark-on and limb to split wood, taking a break from the mambo rounds. Poking through the limb rounds pile I hear a buzz..oopss, backed off, went someplace else. Today I went back and carefully started opening it up, heard the same dang buzz! But, I found out what it was and I was really surprised, I did not know these girls made any sort of warning noise.
Black widow or what?

Back