Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut my wood into rounds, or half or quarter them back in the woods where I drop them. Then haul & stack them on an old concrete pad, till I get it filled up, then go into splitting mode for a while, at my leisure. As I split it, I haul and stack it in the barn. Old cattle shed with concrete floor. Gets good air & sun there. I usually do 15 cord a year. 5 for myself, and the rest I sell to a few friends & neighbors. They pick it up.:biggrin:

4000055.jpg

4000056.jpg

WoodPics006.jpg

WoodPics011.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

those are 2 aweseme pics doobie! greg, i'm jealous...

I am also very jealous Greg! Nice farm you have there! Is that Ash you have stacked up there ? Looks like it. Good job though! Looks like you got some property there.

Gregg,
Those are some great pics you posted, thanks for sharing them! :msp_thumbup: Looks like you put a "little bit" of time into stacking that wood, also looks like you put some effort into cutting it all the same length, and the splits are really even too.....O.K. I admit it, I'm a little jealous. Can't help it, you've got some great looking stacks, did this just get a little weird.....???:hmm3grin2orange:

I am also very jealous Greg! Nice farm you have there! Is that Ash you have stacked up there ? Looks like it. Good job though! Looks like you got some property there.

Most of it is Ash, little Oak in there too. EAB borer hit this area pretty bad in the last couple years. Thats mostly what I have been cutting, and will be in the future too. Its a shame to loose the trees, but they do make great firewood.:msp_thumbup:

Gregg,
Those are some great pics you posted, thanks for sharing them! :msp_thumbup: Looks like you put a "little bit" of time into stacking that wood, also looks like you put some effort into cutting it all the same length, and the splits are really even too.....O.K. I admit it, I'm a little jealous. Can't help it, you've got some great looking stacks, did this just get a little weird.....???:hmm3grin2orange:

Stacking it is the easy part for me. The cutting ain't bad either. Its the splitting I don't care for. I know some guys mark or measure there wood when cutting. I don't, I just guess..LOL They are not perfect, believe me. Sometimes, the bigger the round is..the shorter they sometimes get.:msp_sneaky:

Gregg,

i'd like to post mine but apparently i need some sort of permission or something before my uploaded photos can appear. or something along those lines ???

i'd like to post mine but apparently i need some sort of permission or something before my uploaded photos can appear. or something along those lines ???

That's easy... Just get some more posts, and you're good to go...
Keeps the freaks and spammers to a minimum...:rock:

probably b/c my wood pile is nowhere near as elite as his!

my stash is pretty good for having lived in a wood burning home for 3 months. :D

maple seasoning for 2 winters from now...

attachment.php

attachment.php

the current seasoned wood. i have plans to build a lean to beside that shed, so i'm not bothering stacking this stuff until that happens. no sense in stacking twice!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
my stash is pretty good for having lived in a wood burning home for 3 months. :D

maple seasoning for 2 winters from now...

attachment.php

attachment.php

the current seasoned wood. i have plans to build a lean to beside that shed, so i'm not bothering stacking this stuff until that happens. no sense in stacking twice!

attachment.php

attachment.php

I agree, no double work unless you "have to", post pics when it's done.....looks like you got a good bit of work done in just 3 months, nicely done. :msp_thumbup:

wagz, Your wood supply is lookin better than mine at the moment. :cry: We had a unusually warm winter around here, didn't use near the wood, we normally do. I have a bunch of wood cut, but havn't split any yet this year. I'm usually better than half done by now. Was very wet here early on, now that it has dried up, time to hit it again. Nice pics, by the way.

Gregg,

Latest posts

Back