Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started hauling in wood to split for 2013-14 over the last few weeks. this is load #4 of red oak from one house. Got another 8 cord decked up at another house that we'll haul in in a few weeks. right now i'm trying to shrink my current wood pile down to make room. Lot of guys selling wood right now....

View attachment 259020

I don't think Hedgerow's gonna run out...

We don't have 10 cords, but we've got enough to keep us toasty all winter. Might even score a bit more before it gets real cold.

Most of it's going to cook pizza's and BBQ in KC... Thus, no hedge allowed.
The ole boy runs through about 500 cord a year...
What he can't do, is cut, split, and dry enough to keep up.

Started hauling in wood to split for 2013-14 over the last few weeks. this is load #4 of red oak from one house. Got another 8 cord decked up at another house that we'll haul in in a few weeks. right now i'm trying to shrink my current wood pile down to make room. Lot of guys selling wood right now....

View attachment 259020

259020d1351067829-561867_488840137816345_1692291175_n-jpg

Man that's some nice wood ! I do a 14" poplar and I'm stoked ! You guys are making me sick with jealousy with that multiple-foot-diameter wood ! I gotta get outta the tundra and into the real bush.

259020d1351067829-561867_488840137816345_1692291175_n-jpg

Man that's some nice wood ! I do a 14" poplar and I'm stoked ! You guys are making me sick with jealousy with that multiple-foot-diameter wood ! I gotta get outta the tundra and into the real bush.

thankfully the butts you see at the back of the trailer are just the root flare. most of this was 16-22" DBH. I try not to take anything over 24" now, just too much work to deal with.

thankfully the butts you see at the back of the trailer are just the root flare. most of this was 16-22" DBH. I try not to take anything over 24" now, just too much work to deal with.

That's funny you say that... But I agree... I've found the most efficient size to deal with has been the 12-16" stuff...
Fast cutting and fast splitting...
:rock:

I've found the most efficient size to deal with has been the 12-16" stuff...
Fast cutting and fast splitting...
:rock:

I can agree with that. It's a lot of work for my scrawny butt to wrestle those rounds that weigh as much as I do up onto the splitter.

Heres my current woodpiles.

Stuff waiting to be split:
945E13B5.jpg

0FB37349.jpg

FCE75CAC.jpg

A0DEE0D6.jpg

Some of the split seasoned stuff. Have about another cord of seasoned rounds sitting in the backyard on pallets waiting to be brought up and split. Have a dead oak that needs to be dropped in the backyard, its sizable 24-26" diameter.

436BD960-1.jpg

CEA40A79.jpg

Denis ; don't feel bad, in Alaska our mature timber ranges from Sitka Spruce that pushes 14' across the stump to Black spruce that is 3" across the stump max. Where I live we have white spruce that maxes out at 3' on the stump, silver poplar that runs up to 16" and black spruce up to 10" maybe a little more.

Not sure how old it was, over 500 years old. Actually the pic is a ringer. The tree was on my strip partners strip right next to my strip. It was on Prince of Wales Is. In southeast Alaska. If I remember right we were cutting off the White Rock road kinda in the Naukity area. He fell it, hence the gross stump pull. I took the pics. .I've got pics of a lot bigger I've fell but didn't want to overdo it :msp_wink:

We didn't take many pics back then. As I remember that tree had around 8,000 nd ft in it, woods scale.

Latest posts

Back