Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In full disclosure I'm splitting these pretty large for my indoor boiler. So most are just split in half or quarters at most so the splitting goes pretty fast.

I'm thinking I'll drop a couple dying trees tomorrow and round out the pile with scrounge over the next few weeks. Once the weather warns up I've got to paint the garage and put the kids on some fish so I want to be done with splitting for a while.

Kids and fishing is important stuff!

Already warmed up here, like no spring, burning wood/cold,. whammo, hot weather. I finished up haying yesterday. pitiful, the cold kept the grass low, but then apparently the hours of sunshine and drastic heatup boosted it going to seed, so had to get it then. This is way early for here. Still had to get cut and rolled though.

2s79jpz.jpg
nice days removals

Mostly cherry some oak and walnut in there as well. 4 cords stacked and I am going to try and get through the rest real soon. Got to get it done before sqeeters and deer flies come out. Back side of big stack fell over but all is fixed and that stack is now done. T poles do not hold well in the Swamp. I want to make my stacks where the pile of logs are now.20140504_080136.jpg 20140507_165828.jpg

I try to keep my woodpile as clean as I can get it and keep the area around the wood pile clean too. Who ever has the nicest/cleanest looking woodpile, I will send them some free stickers :)

Post away!

Shane

Just split my first cord and a half, yesterday. Haven't split wood for a few decades, and was surprised. I don't remember it hurting this much. The crib is 20' x 7' x 4', and the chopping block holds my new favorite splitting tool. That X27 blew through the first pine log and split the bottom one, near the end.

image.jpg
image.jpg

8aqeju8e.jpg

This was from last cutting session. Got another 10' + in on the pile today. Must be about 2/3 through the 20 cord pile of logs. Planning to cut it all then start splitting. Hoping to have a couple years put up for me and my brother in law.

Thats outstanding....

I finally cleaned up my yard where I had a triaxle load of wood delivered at the end of January.

wood1.jpg

It took me over 50 hours total to get 7.5 cords stacked, usually an hour or 2 each night after my daughters went to bed starting mid March once the snow melted. The only tools I had to use were my Husqvarna 385xp and Fiskars X27.

Wood2.JPG

The back 4 rows are red oak and the front 2 rows are mostly hickory. The pile of knotty pieces on the end refused to be split by the Fiskars so I'll be borrowing or renting a splitter for those.

wood3.jpg

wood4.jpg

I finally cleaned up my yard where I had a triaxle load of wood delivered at the end of January.

View attachment 350269

It took me over 50 hours total to get 7.5 cords stacked, usually an hour or 2 each night after my daughters went to bed starting mid March once the snow melted. The only tools I had to use were my Husqvarna 385xp and Fiskars X27.

View attachment 350270

The back 4 rows are red oak and the front 2 rows are mostly hickory. The pile of knotty pieces on the end refused to be split by the Fiskars so I'll be borrowing or renting a splitter for those.

View attachment 350271

View attachment 350272

You win.

(at least for the last seven pages. )

Back