Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Too wet",,Chucker, I hope things dry up enough that you can get out and make little ones out of big ones when you want,,Me?? it's them daggone fishin' poles that have been keeping me busy and I haven't even been freezing any of 'em when I keep them..
true that greendohn! wet from a down hill side of a goof course and a lake on the lower end yet... I hear you loude an clear about the fishing poles, been getting my fair share time handling them lately! lol the rain were having also puts the stoppers to cutting and hauling. dropped 40 some big red oaks a month ago or better and still setting there unable to get the tractor in the woods with out tearing it up! maybe next week again for the third time saying? lol

image.jpg I've. Been hauling so much wood lately it is starting to block the driveway! There are about 10 more huge oak tops left at my friends wood lot and many black birch also. Mrs. Ax just got cleared to stack wood!!! Some help is on the way!image.jpg

I've. Been hauling so much wood lately it is starting to block the driveway!
Yeah, I have the same problem occasionally. When the chance for easy firewood comes up I take it even if I don't have the time to process it right away. I guess I really need to make a bigger "landing" closer to the driveway where I can dump more wood.

Splitting is done, finally. Stacking, not quite. Had to extend the stack today with a couple of sapling logs. Cut two, should've cut four. Filled the extension, wrapped up the rest of the rounds and tossed the splits in a pile. Guess I'll go back and cut a couple more logs next weekend and finish stacking.

As I was cleaning up today I saw a toad peeking out from his hole in the stack. He crawled out for a photo op.100_704.jpg 100_1699.JPG 100_1700.JPG 100_1701.JPG 100_1702.JPG 100_1703.JPG

neighbor had some trees taken down last august. he had nowhere to put it, so it ended up at my place I cut and split it, and i'm going to get about 3/4 of it, neighbor wants some. all red oak, 2 log truck loads. biggest base was 52". biggest log was 48"x 16'

before: at this time i thought there was 6-8 cord

IMG_1356.JPG

during/after: here is where i said there's probably more than 8....

IMG_1399.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG

Zogger, Ronaldo I am lucky I have one of the local tree services that bring me wood. they have been doing this for years. those big rounds make a lot of wood

Latest posts

Back