Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was just a maintance day. sharpen chains, greased and changed oil
But had this feeling something was watching me. Took me a couple of mins but figure it out
image.jpeg

It stayed their for 10 mins. have no idea how long it was their before I saw it

Today was just a maintance day. sharpen chains, greased and changed oil
But had this feeling something was watching me. Took me a couple of mins but figure it out
View attachment 469067

It stayed their for 10 mins. have no idea how long it was their before I saw it

Pretty bird! We used to have a lot more around here, but apparently most have been shot. I also saw a couple of I guess kestrels here before, but just the one time.

Haven't posted on this thread since page 1 or 2 since my piles really haven't changed and my splitting area's have been small and fast. Here is a pic of this winters splitting area as soon as it gets cold. Stack of rounds is 20X20X5.

That is my sawbuck. Each post is exactly 20 inches so every piece is cut at the same length every time. A can get 120 pieces/rounds out of 5 cuts.

Haven't posted on this thread since page 1 or 2 since my piles really haven't changed and my splitting area's have been small and fast. Here is a pic of this winters splitting area as soon as it gets cold. Stack of rounds is 20X20X5.

Huh, replying to myself, sure sign of old age. Memory is gone too, apparently page 1 or 2 is actually page 86. Pics are all gone do to the virus, so are a bunch of the early pages guys. I will have to post some replacement pics here soon.

That big freshly split pile is all honey locust. Looks a little messy from above.

For curiosity sake, how long do you usually leave a pile like that before you stack it and newbie question of the day: does stacked wood dry/cure faster than wood in a loose pile?

thanks

I usually split and then stack it right away, but started to run tight on space for the fifth pallet row which will go on the left side. I have a compost dirt pile that partially needs moved and have plenty to burn this winter. So I just threw it in a pile for now. I might get it stacked this winter at some point. I am using the wood off the single row behind the big stacks first. I changed my stacking layout last year. Using up that single row will get better airflow down my pallet rows.

If I was trying to dry the most efficiently in loose stack I would have laid down pallets first for airflow underneath. Then wouldn't make a pile 6 feet tall either.

The link is good resource.

Latest posts

Back