Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, some the same some not. More of a welded powder coated skin. Lots more insulation. Both are stainless but the old one got low on water too many times and eventually was leaking too bad to use in the real cold. The new one has quite a different chimney system with more surface area. Also plc controls amd water low switch. They claim 30% gain in efficiency with the changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The outside door looks bigger. Is the firebox door bigger as well?
No, firebox is the same size, i think the door is bigger because of the way it locks to the firebox door now when open and the added insulation maybe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I never broke teeth off a chain by just cutting wood unless I ran into some embedded metal. I like them but do see the difference to a Stihl chain
I have an Oregon chain that is doing the same, never had it happen before. Cutting clean wood.

Maybe they moved manufacturing south on those?
All I have is Oregin Chain and thankfully never had a problem. Even the one chain that I got with a 20" powermatch setup that I hit some embedded bracket with faired real well and I was able to keep cutting. I probably hit was ever it was on the flat side of it though because I didnt hook up to bad, but expected the worse when I pulled the bar out.

I'm behind the 8 ball. I don't have a dedicated location to store wood as I'm doing work to the back yard. So came up with these pallets for keeping the wood movable with the tractor. They're about 1/4 cord per pallet. The tractor can lift it but not far. I was able to stack 2 but just barely. Hopefully after the wood dries out it will lift it no problem. I can stack 3, but not full.
9cdb56bc2d1defa3139384cc3ecf711a.jpg
37f837d9ea3304ce64da912e1834f441.jpg
96064f3cb38474fe0c4fdf294302b334.jpg

My new wood rack underneath the recently enlarged overhang on my sauna building.

View attachment 609045

I was surprised this heaping tossed load didn't quite fill the rack. Figured I'd have a bit extra. Guess I'll need to cut some more. :)
View attachment 609044
remember steve, you have a short box! so your wood is going to be short as well, unless you trade it in for a long box.... ?? lol

Latest posts

Back