Post Your Climbing Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Gardner

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The weather was great today so I had to go do a little climbing. Thought I would share some pics with everyone.

Let’s see some pics of you guys climbing. Now’s your chance to show your skills!

I made the throw bag myself. I got tired of the others splitting open and having to tie the rope onto the ring. With the loop I put into the end of my line and the loop on the end of the bag I get my ropes up a lot faster without hanging in the crotches.

The helmet was yellow. I painted it fluorescent green. :D

1st crane pictures

Here's a few from the first crane removal I ever did. As you can see, I started 'low and slow'. :p

Startin' to get in the groove. Notice the saw, it gives you an idea how long ago this was.

I was nervous crawling out this limb, about 25' over the power lines. Not a good angle on my lifeline, either.

After a few years, I was 'old hand' with cranes. Here is 3 of 16 pines I plucked from around a house. These 3 were coming up through the back deck, had to crawl under the deck to make the stump cuts.

Second of the three. I had to cut them off at 35'-36' so we could get lengths of at least 17'6" for the sawmill.

Great stuff Brian! Do you have any pruning pics (no gaffs)?

This is a pic of a tall & skinny tree. Four guys jumped on the pull line. Dang what a ride when the top came out. I was about 50 feet up. :eek:

Grabbing the cable for the third one. We ended up with 40 logs at 17'6" out of the 16 pines.

Only pruning pics I have are bucket work. Seems like the camera never makes it to the jobsite unless a crane is involved.

Back