posting pics is P.I.T.A.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone tell me why when I post a pix (upload from browse) from my computer, the attachment comes up but it has to be clicked on too see the pix? How do you get it to just be there open on the page?:monkey:

Here is the way I do it, after uploading the pics, close the upload manager window, now the images you uploaded should be listed below the message window, at the top of the image window(where you type your message), there are a few tools, the one that is a yellow square with mountains in it. That one is insert image. Go down where your images are listed do a right click, then copy shortcut, then click on insert image, then a window will pop up then right click in that window and select paste, now click ok on the inset image window. Thats it your done. Only takes a few clicks to do.

Last edited:
I use windows office picture manager most of my pics are done with a #### ######## k800i mobile phone 3.2mp
i open with pic manager and hit edit pictures and resize to 33% then go back to edit and compress pics to document and save the new file
then upload to photobucket
theres even an option to resize to a certain amount of pixcels
its easy peasy

Here is the way I do it, after uploading the pics, close the upload manager window, now the images you uploaded should be listed below the message window, at the top of the image window(where you type your message), there are a few tools, the one that is a yellow square with mountains in it. That one is insert image. Go down where your images are listed do a right click, then copy shortcut, then click on insert image, then a window will pop up then right click in that window and select paste, now click ok on the inset image window. Thats it your done. Only takes a few clicks to do.

Thanks Parris! :clap: :cheers:

The program is IRFANVIEW and it is more than a simple resizer. It can crop, enhance, has special effects, change colors, adjust brightness and contrast, and haven't run across a picture format on AS that it could not handle and change, to name a few of the features.

For the small amount of photos that I have posted it's been no-problem. I'm glad that my daughter could help me.
Just need to post more photos to get the hang of it.

Get the re-sizer, it's nothing to install and a snap to use. Irfanview is a great program too but if all you want to do is post smaller pictures on here you can't beat it! :cheers:

Just tried the resize utility:

attachment.php

with what parrisw said. Looks o.k. to me.

Thanks,

Gotta finish the bear thing. Don't know where I got them from, maybe from AS. It's worth a repeat:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's one resourceful bear.

Huh? No idea.. Works perfectly for me and everyone else I know...
I assume you are accessing the resizer from "right mouse click"?

1) what size image did you start with?
2) what image format are you using (hopefully .jpg.. not some raw format...)

or...

Did you post the resized image or the orginal... the resized image will have the same file name, but with (medium) after the name. Like DSC_5010(medium).jpg. The orginal file is untouched.

right click...yes
1) not sure
2)jpg

resized(small) and it is still TOO BIG

i'm at a loss

Even the Techno Dunce,,,, Yours Truly!!!!!!

attachment.php

can be trained to upload quality Photos!!!!!

attachment.php

didn't say I couldn't be trained,just my take a while

and where in hell did you get a picture of me??? (bottom)

right click...yes
1) not sure
2)jpg

resized(small) and it is still TOO BIG

i'm at a loss

1) - right click on your orignal file and select properties. That will tell you the size.

hard to imagine any image being too big at (small)..... I've resized thousands of images and they rarely exceed 80K even at medium.

Now here's a new twist. What if I want pics next to each other (side by side). Using the left and right justify does not work, it raps around on a new line.

Back