Poulan S25DA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul, I am looking for a good ignition module for a S25 (electronic)

If you know where I can get a good used one, give me a shout.

Thanks

Mike

Mike, I was never a Poulan man myself, just happend upon a few. I already agreed to send everything to Timothy. He can do whatever he wants with it. If the ignition on his green saw will get yous going maybe he could strip the green one and send you carcass.

Timothy,

Yours looks like it has points. I have a parts saw with a points system, but you cant swap them. The mounting boss on the cylinders are different.

Dont know if the saws Paul are giving you have the module i need or not.

I'll take a picture of mine soon & post it.

Thanks

Mike

I don't think many.If I recall right,that little saw is 2 cu in,and the other is 2.1 cu in.The little red one,has only an automatic type oiler,impulse type.I had one,which I gave to my son.I must have had the oiler off about a half a dozen times,before I could get it to oil.It cut okay,for a little bitty saw,but not like the 2.1 cu in model.If the chrome isn't totally shot,it might be possible to buff the piston,and save it.This,however is very iffy,most likely just parts at this point,too bad. :cry:

here's how it's looking at the moment, the piston doesn't want to come out of the cylinder, i'll try putting the cylinder in a vise with wood to protect it, when and if i get it out, where should i sand it, just where the scoring is?

If you get the piston out in one piece,inspect the cylinder.If it has score lines,into the aluminum,it's junk.Make sure that none of the chrome,is flaking.If this in tact,proceed to the next step.What I am about to tell you,is a hap haxard fix,and not first class,but rather shade tree mechanic.Remove the rings,and mark them as to position,and placement in the grooves.Do not sand the piston.Take a file,and remove the high spots on the score marks,of the piston.Clean the cylider with a scotch brite pad.Use this,also ,very lightly on the piston.If you can get it cleaned up,check the fit in the cylinder,without the rings installed.Make sure it doesn't hang up anywhere in it's travel.Make sure the ring grooves are clean,and reinstall the rings,and the rest of the engine.If you can get it to run again,run it rich on fuel about 24 to 1 on oil.The reason you don't sand a piston,is a little known fact about the dull coating on the piston.In the auto industry,this is called"tin plating",but is actually an anodizing process,done to the piston,for several reasons.Reason 1,is the fact that the plating,retains oil.Number 2,it resists galvanic action,a phenomina that occurs when different metals are in contact with one another.I suspect,that the rings were stuck,from the previous posts.You might get lucky.

My S25 still needs an air filter cover and an atom module. I guess its my rainy day project saw.

i've removed every bolt i can see, but the crankcase is not coming apart, anyone ever done this on one of these?

* the cylinder is scored and has a small gouge, this saw is done for

Last edited:
Timothy, Did you ever get the saws I sent you? I know you went and got a Stihl 025 but a simple little acknowledgment that the free saws arrived would be a small kindness that might make me want to continue being a generous person.

Owner's or Service Manual

Just curious if anyone has a pdf copy of the manuals for either the S25DA OR Wright 122A version of this saw. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me!

Back