Powerlines in the way for a crane pick---

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya we have a 660 and never seem to use it 460 is usually enough saw. a lot of times id rather spend the extra time cutting it with a smaller saw than lug around a 660 or 880.

Today, 06:03 PM
tree MDS
Arboristsite MVP
This message is hidden because tree MDS is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list
View Post

Everytime i read this the site becomes a little better man i love that i found the ignore button. now whenever someone has nothing good to contribute i just ignore its like being able to hit the mute button on your tv so you don't have to hear the commercials.

Let me say that I appreciate your attitude, it is kinda weird:laugh: but influencial nontheless.

ya we have a 660 and never seem to use it 460 is usually enough saw. a lot of times id rather spend the extra time cutting it with a smaller saw than lug around a 660 or 880.

I run an 044 and hardly ever use my 660 now. When I was working Alabama over the summer I needed the 660 a lot because the trees are much larger there. I was doing 36" Pines on a daily basis. Love the 460 too and wish I had one. I like the 044 a little better because it's a pound or two lighter and makes it a little easier to work with in the tree. My 044 is my work horse. I mainly use my 660 for just stump cuts now. Saves a lot on the back not having to lug that thing around all day.

I run an 044 and hardly ever use my 660 now. When I was working Alabama over the summer I needed the 660 a lot because the trees are much larger there. I was doing 36" Pines on a daily basis. Love the 460 too and wish I had one. I like the 044 a little better because it's a pound or two lighter and makes it a little easier to work with in the tree. My 044 is my work horse. I mainly use my 660 for just stump cuts now. Saves a lot on the back not having to lug that thing around all day.

ya i actually broke down and have a chainsaw backpack. some of the peoples properties we work on are 50+ acres if its muddy out and you need a 25" bar or longer lets face it they can get awkward to carry. we are working on 14 acre plan at the moment that we are taking out all the undergrowth and dead. and use it daily steep hillsides. fall on my arse at least once a day.

ya we cut down big stuff all the time and have never fell in love with a 660 or 880 if you use them a lot after a while i started despising them my lower back kills me sometimes from them buggers.

doug in all seriousness i want a 460 if you wanna sell it ill take it tomorrow just let me know where to meet you. or as soon as possible i wanna get a saw and send it off to one of thies mod guys never did anything like that yet.

also when you need another 200 skip the 201 and get that husky t handle they have out now its not bad at all and less than 400 bucks. i think its real close but then again i never cut big stuff with a top handle only use them for limbing. i use a 361 with an 18 inch bar for crane work with a full wrap handle.

thies are the saws i can think of of the top of my head i bought over the years.

4-5 200t's
2-361's
2 362's

Last edited:
Huh, what? I was interested in the Matt Daily Digest not the Euc that I don't feel like driving back out to see those broke people's houses just to take some pics. :msp_smile:

Those people don't have any money. They just barrow it all, act like they have it, and expect all of the trees and landscaping to be done with illegal labor for next to nothing. :angry: They might call back. I don't know. I emailed them these bids. 2,500 with crane done in one day. 2,000 w/o crane done in 3 days. I just know they **** their pants, Jeff. They don't want to pay any real money, so I don't want to do any real tree work for them.

Huh, what? I was interested in the Matt Daily Digest not the Euc that I don't feel like driving back out to see those broke people's houses just to take some pics. :msp_smile:

Those people don't have any money. They just barrow it all, act like they have it, and expect all of the trees and landscaping to be done with illegal labor for next to nothing. :angry: They might call back. I don't know. I emailed them these bids. 2,500 with crane done in one day. 2,000 w/o crane done in 3 days. I just know they **** their pants, Jeff. They don't want to pay any real money, so I don't want to do any real tree work for them.

This **** is all b.s. anyway, none of these numbers add up and to assume your client is broke wont get you very far in this biz. I knew you were a joke when you said in a post that "you would do a job for free because you just like to climb". I got over that on my 9th or 10 th tree. These days I would charge my mom to take out a tree that fell across her bedroom.
I know you are looking for friends but there has to be a better forum. I'm out of the loop but isnt there a x box live or something maybe post an add on craigs list looking for a buddy. This **** is growing old.

This **** is all b.s. anyway, none of these numbers add up and to assume your client is broke wont get you very far in this biz. I knew you were a joke when you said in a post that "you would do a job for free because you just like to climb". I got over that on my 9th or 10 th tree. These days I would charge my mom to take out a tree that fell across her bedroom.
I know you are looking for friends but there has to be a better forum. I'm out of the loop but isnt there a x box live or something maybe post an add on craigs list looking for a buddy. This **** is growing old.

I'm trying to think up one of those special Kleenex commercials for you. None come to mind. Check in with me tomorrow. Thanks. :msp_smile:

Well now, You have made my day! I live here to and I bet you have seen us around. I tell you what, ain't no SDG&E coming out for that. That euc is at least 30' to 40' feet away. If you call me a liar, you better post a pic. We would have that at ground level done and blowed off; 4 guy's at 4 hours. That is a flush cut, no stump grinding. That is a seperate proposal. I would have it done for $2560.00.
And I would get it. Then that crew is off to Mission Valley to complete the day.
BTW, you are growing on me like a wart. You better get some credentials or you will be hurting for work out here. You know what I mean.
Jeff :msp_sneaky:

Well now, You have made my day! I live here to and I bet you have seen us around. I tell you what, ain't no SDG&E coming out for that. That euc is at least 30' to 40' feet away. If you call me a liar, you better post a pic. We would have that at ground level done and blowed off; 4 guy's at 4 hours. That is a flush cut, no stump grinding. That is a seperate proposal. I would have it done for $2560.00.
And I would get it. Then that crew is off to Mission Valley to complete the day.
BTW, you are growing on me like a wart. You better get some credentials or you will be hurting for work out here. You know what I mean.
Jeff :msp_sneaky:

Not going to post credentials online. You know what I mean??

For guys at for hours. That's great, but I find that hard to believe unless your climber/s are flys. That job is not as cake as everyone thinks. There's everything everywhere down below. There's no room for anything.

I don't doubt that your crews are the most trained around, but the 4 hours thing is hard to believe.......unless I were a custy.......hmmmmmmm. You know, maybe your right. My guys are going to take 6-7.

What do you mean the numbers DON'T add up??? :msp_confused:

They just don't add up and I dont have the patience or the care to explain it. I don't understand how you could charge 2g's for a three day job. I just did a job last week that still pisses me off. One groundman that took seven hours for 1350 .
You can low bid **** for life and you'll be driving around a s-10 and a mexican. Ever wonder why bigger outfits charge more, because they are always updating equipment. How will you ever have anything more then your mothers double wide and a x box if you don't charge anything for your work. Ahh phuck it im typing to a teenager anyway, best of luck.

As long as some one appreciates it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

They just don't add up and I dont have the patience or the care to explain it. I don't understand how you could charge 2g's for a three day job. I just did a job last week that still pisses me off. One groundman that took seven hours for 1350 .
You can low bid **** for life and you'll be driving around a s-10 and a mexican. Ever wonder why bigger outfits charge more, because they are always updating equipment. How will you ever have anything more then your mothers double wide and a x box if you don't charge anything for your work. Ahh phuck it im typing to a teenager anyway, best of luck.

I understand, and I've understood this all of that for as long as I've been doing this. If you were in my position, you and your pricing would get blown away. That's the fact, Holden.

Right now in my position if I dropped your prices around my callers, I'd never see a job, and I'm pizzed about that :blob2: These custys look at me like Johny from The Shining when I bring up real prices as in enough money to buy a play station 3, some games, and maybe a hat with a spinner on it like you.

When I found out what the market is in my position that I'm in, I just had to swallow some extra guts and put on a few extra layers of man suit. I'm stuck with it because I have stuck with it, but you know what. Things are turning around slowly, and I've ran it for 5 years now. I'm not a stupid **** or a crap worker, and I've got this 5 years in the bag. I'm going to turn a coin....just not today.

OH, and you mark my word. I'm going to turn a coin. I'm no **** worker, arborist, or business person, but I am in a tough period of my life obtaining a goal of mine. A big phucking goal. I don't know if you get it.

Today, 06:03 PM
tree MDS
Arboristsite MVP
This message is hidden because tree MDS is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list
View Post

Everytime i read this the site becomes a little better man i love that i found the ignore button. now whenever someone has nothing good to contribute i just ignore its like being able to hit the mute button on your tv so you don't have to hear the commercials.

That seems like a lot of flappage for someone that's supposed to be ignoring me. ;)

And it was just a friendly jab man... and really, the ignore button seems kinda girly.. whatever though, as you were.. :laugh:

I understand, and I've understood this all of that for as long as I've been doing this. If you were in my position, you and your pricing would get blown away. That's the fact, Holden.

Right now in my position if I dropped your prices around my callers, I'd never see a job, and I'm pizzed about that :blob2: These custys look at me like Johny from The Shining when I bring up real prices as in enough money to buy a play station 3, some games, and maybe a hat with a spinner on it like you.

When I found out what the market is in my position that I'm in, I just had to swallow some extra guts and put on a few extra layers of man suit. I'm stuck with it because I have stuck with it, but you know what. Things are turning around slowly, and I've ran it for 5 years now. I'm not a stupid **** or a crap worker, and I've got this 5 years in the bag. I'm going to turn a coin....just not today.

OH, and you mark my word. I'm going to turn a coin. I'm no **** worker, arborist, or business person, but I am in a tough period of my life obtaining a goal of mine. A big phucking goal. I don't know if you get it.

Five years my ass!! I've been right on your wannabe #####ass from the beginning, when you posted about tuning your poulan in the garage of your moms condo and choking on the fumes, or some ####.. and it ain't been no five years! Maybe two or three tops! just saying.

Five years my ass!! I've been right on your wannabe #####ass from the beginning, when you posted about tuning your poulan in the garage of your moms condo and choking on the fumes, or some ####.. and it ain't been no five years! Maybe two or three tops! just saying.

LOL that friggin hilarious. Tabs on me like that. Well I was playing with it before that. It's not like I came on board AS, found tree mds, and sprung out of the garage and into the trees. Bounce bounce boing.....with MDS on my chest.

Getting some Carl's Jr. Not good for me, but........good for me. :-/ idk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

LOL that friggin hilarious. Tabs on me like that. Well I was playing with it before that. It's not like I came on board AS, found tree mds, and sprung out of the garage and into the trees. Bounce bounce boing.....with MDS on my chest.

Getting some Carl's Jr. Not good for me, but........good for me. :-/ idk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

"Well I was playing with it before that". Lol, priceless!

Latest posts

Back