Pp 2149

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddyballs79

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought the PP2149 from Eric about I guess a month ago and finally ran it against the 345 I got from Chris. That little 2149 is one mean saw, love the sound, ran it in some 8" pine and really performs. Just what I need for notching my logs without the undue weight, I'm all of a buck 50 and those big'uns get real heavy real fast. Sorry Chris but the 2149 does have the edge, still love it though. Thanks Eric.
damien

I would expect to see the PP2149 run faster than the 345CC. There are a few reasons for this.
1) the 2149 has more cc's. You can't make up for more cubes.
2) I believe the 2100 series is a pro level and that 345 is a consumer saw.
3) The transferes are desighed better flow in the 2149.

Although, I would like to run that saw against my 026 to see how good the saw runs against the same size motor.

Either way it sounds like that 2149 is a real runner.

Later,
Chris

Chris
Those little PP2149s really do perform well,for their size.
If you run one of the ported 2149s against a ported 026,I am sure that would be a very close race.I do think that the 2149 will come out slightly ahead in cutting times.I own a ported 026 and have run more then a few of the ported 2149s.
Most of the time the rule about no replacement for displacement,holds true,but sometimes there are exceptions.Take a look at the little Husky 346.actually a 45cc engine,pro saw with a one ring piston.If you run the little 346 against an 026,I am sure that the 346 will have a slight edge.
Later
Dan

Damien
You are very welcome, I am glad to hear you are enjoying your PP2149....... I know what you mean by the sound All of Dan's work sounds like a highly modified dirt bike...Keep you chain razor sharp and the PP2149 is awesome
Mr. Henry ,
Will see about the 346xp Time will tell.That is if I see it before Christmas.
BTW did you get the alcohol carb I sent you yet ?

Hey Russ, how much is a new 2186 with heated handles your way? Are they offering 100 off for a beat up used saw as a trade in still? If you can find me one at a decent price, I will send the $$ and you can keep the bar and chain for your trouble, plus whatever else you need. Sorry, but I shut off my PM. I'm a pretty important guy you know.
Gypo

Russ,
Yes you are correct I do have a chain saw "addiction"
I can sharpen them all on Monday morning and cut all week with sharp chains.......

I need a 088 wish I knew where to get one .
I tried calling a guy up in Canada but he wasn't home.
And he dosen't read his e-mail

I also need a pipe 3120 ......... ???? gotta go to work LOL

Yup Eric does in fact have chainsaw fever,but
Eric you should'nt call Dan Mr.Henry you won't
see that little screamin PP346 till santa brings
it too you on December 25th:D So Eric what's
the next saw going to be added to the line up..

Later Rob

Latest posts

Back