Predator motor on log splitter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maplekid

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm going to start building another splitter. I'm going with a 28gpm pump and was wondering if anyone has run one with a 13hp predator motor? I know the recomended hp for a 28gpm pump is 14hp but I could buy a few 13hp predator motors for the price of a 14hp Honda. I already have a super split but I'm going to build this with a 5" cylinder to run a 6 or 8 way wedge. It's going to have a log lift and auto cycle.

if youre going to run just a 6 or an 8 way wedge, a 5 inch cylinder might do the 6 way but probably not an 8 way,
and since you want to go with the 6 or 8 way they why bother with a 2 stage pump, your always going to kick it into the second high pressure stage with a multi wedge setup.

im actually building a splitter now, 5in cylinder, 14inch wedge with removable 4 way, log lift, folding outfeed table, 28 gpm barnes pump , and 18hp twin cylinder Wisconsin THD.
the splitter's built, just waiting for it to be painted, and im building the engine for it now, hoping to have it done early next month...

Latest posts

Back