Preference of 16 strand climb line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnum783

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am well aware 16 strand line is on the way out with the gaining popularity of SRT and I enjoy using just standard natural crotch Dbrt from time to time on removals. It's easy it's quick nothing more than that. I have been using Arbormaster BRW for many years with great faithfulness and I feel like it needs to move on to the land of rigging rope. Which leads me to what do you guys use in this roll and why? I am not too concerned about price so no need to worry about that. Thanks for your help.

I've been using Stein Hedera by Yale. I have been using it with my hitchhiker with 9mm arbpro. Seems to be a great combination and very durable rope.

I will never understand using old climbing lines for rigging. If you don't trust it to hold you, why would you Rusk dropping a limb on your customer's house?
My climb lines get retired every 3 years not due to abuse or fatigue. This one being retired I would still climb on just over anal about lifelines. My life is worth more than a line

I am climbing on a 24 strand 7/16" blue craze, but I prefer a 16 strand. I think my next line will be Neo Pro Glo, which is a 16 strand 7/16 climbing line.

I will never understand using old climbing lines for rigging. If you don't trust it to hold you, why would you Rusk dropping a limb on your customer's house?

But you can use them for tag lines, pull lines and other miscellaneous jobs where they won't be loaded with a lot of weight.

Latest posts

Back