Price of a cord of wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$100-$400? Depending on quality, location, and available supply.

Check Craigslist for a general idea of prices in your area. It's usually cheaper the farther from bigger towns you get.

Back in Jan and Feb firewood green got up to $110.00 a rank or face cord or a 6/12 pick up bed lots of people went back to gas or electric. I have two bundle dealer mad at me because I won't raise my prices. It cost me the same cost this year as it did last year.

It would help to know if you are talking split seasoned and delivered or green logs.

Right now the firewood guy down the road is asking $150 a mixed hardwood cord delivered within 10 miles and dumped where you want it ... his sales are slow.

With the amount of dead Ash around town it's pretty easy to come up with wood and every dude with a truck and a Wildthing is selling.

Mixed as in seasoned & wet or as in hardwood & softwood? Its not uncommon for seasoned hardwood to sell for $150 per cord in my area and $105 for unseasoned hardwood...

Generally a cord goes for 150-175 in most places .. However it's very location dependent in some areas . That same cord in a well to do community might fetch 350$ ... Or in a rural logging area may go for only 100

Generally a cord goes for 150-175 in most places .. However it's very location dependent in some areas . That same cord in a well to do community might fetch 350$ ... Or in a rural logging area may go for only 100

Online friend of mine said she got some for 90/cord during the summer last year way out in east cowflop ridge west virginny. This year higher though, polar vortex wiped everyone out, and prices I think have gone up.

$50-55 a face cord picked up and $60 to $70 delivered for dry mixed hardwood is pretty typical for Michigan outside of urban areas.

Latest posts

Back