Priced a TW5

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mybowtie

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went to my local dealer today to price out a TW-5 with log lift, hyd wedge and table grate. $8200.00
Holy:censored:, I could by a nice used truck for that $$. But I still want one.

I'd have to sell my TW-1 for 6g's...:hmm3grin2orange: Any takers????

Went to my local dealer today to price out a TW-5 with log lift, hyd wedge and table grate. $8200.00
Holy:censored:, I could by a nice used truck for that $$. But I still want one.

I'd have to sell my TW-1 for 6g's...:hmm3grin2orange: Any takers????

Yeah, but contingent on you buying mine for $7k...:hmm3grin2orange:

Ouch! I think I'll hang on to my old relic for a while longer.

I bought a used TW-5 about 2 years ago. It was only 20 miles form my house, had the log lift,auto cycle, 4-way wedge, no table grate. Picked it up for $3,800.00. Had to repair the seals in the spools, but other than that I was good to go. It is a shame the new ones don't have the auto cycle. That really ups the production on the machine. You almost need two people to feed the beast. I don't care for the wedge design, but for the price I could not pass it up. I was going to buy an All-wood splitter before I found the TW-5 on Craigs list.

I bought a used TW-5 about 2 years ago. It was only 20 miles form my house, had the log lift,auto cycle, 4-way wedge, no table grate. Picked it up for $3,800.00. Had to repair the seals in the spools, but other than that I was good to go. It is a shame the new ones don't have the auto cycle. That really ups the production on the machine. You almost need two people to feed the beast. I don't care for the wedge design, but for the price I could not pass it up. I was going to buy an All-wood splitter before I found the TW-5 on Craigs list.

Can blame the lawyers for the auto cycle. You got one heck of a deal. I wounder how hard it would be to convert the new ones to auto cycle???

Can blame the lawyers for the auto cycle. You got one heck of a deal. I wounder how hard it would be to convert the new ones to auto cycle???

Very easy

I've actually installed a couple on TW-P1 splitters and the productivity increases dramatically.

Order a Prince Auto Cycle valve an additional hose, and some fittings. Takes about an hour to install. I have a parts list somewhere if you're interested that I can email. Don't remember exactly but the valve and parts ran in the $300 range.

On the down side, according to the local dealer, as soon as an Auto Cycle valve is installed on a T'Wolf that did not come with one as original equipment, the warranty is void.

Take Care

If your in the glens falls area there are three different dealers big difference in price. Or go to timberwolf derectly in rutland,vt

Not far from Glens Falls. About hr 1/2.

Ductape;
Dont know how I can avoid tax by buying out of state. Its not a regestered vehicle..Is there no sales tax in NH???

Not far from Glens Falls. About hr 1/2.

Ductape;
Dont know how I can avoid tax by buying out of state. Its not a regestered vehicle..Is there no sales tax in NH???

no sales tax, then your "supposto" claim that you bought it in NH on your taxes, or atleast thats what mass asks on our taxes, hahahah yeah like thats going to happen.

That would be worth the trip to save 600 bucks....thanks for the info.. I mean...of course i'll claim that on my Ny taxes;)

Last edited:
I looked into the TWolves last fall and was blown away also. I figured, I can build that same thing for WAYYYYY less.

WRONG!
Took several months and only saved a couple thou.

My TW-5 was a demo unit, saved about a grand AND its got the autocycle. :biggrinbounce2:

Ed

TW is an awsome unit, But there are other units out there that are just as nice maybe cost less take a look at All Wood seems like they are well built A couple of guys on here have them and could give you a better idea on what Bobby Barta is like to deal with. There are others out there Built Right, Chompper, Split Rite, plus others still yet those are the only ones that I could think of off hand. Or you could build exactly what you want but I dont think that you could do it cheaper maybe Idk? Something to think about

TW is an awsome unit, But there are other units out there that are just as nice maybe cost less take a look at All Wood seems like they are well built A couple of guys on here have them and could give you a better idea on what Bobby Barta is like to deal with. There are others out there Built Right, Chompper, Split Rite, plus others still yet those are the only ones that I could think of off hand. Or you could build exactly what you want but I dont think that you could do it cheaper maybe Idk? Something to think about

The build my own theory is just that...I dont have the skill or equipment to build one. Wish I did. I'm not sold on the TW, but my dealer is close. Purchased lots of stuff from them, and there service department is great. For my own personal use the TW-5 is overkill, but I'm gettin old.

That would be worth the trip to save 600 bucks....thanks for the info.. I mean...of course i'll claim that on my Ny taxes;)

Correct, there is no sales tax here in NH. If you are buying something that will never be registered in your state for road use, I don't see much chance your state would be looking for their tax dollars. May want to plan any other large purchase for while you are here too. :msp_thumbup:

TW-5 is worth the money. It was difficult spending that kind of money, but I have never regretted it.

Latest posts

Back