• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Pro grade 50cc+ saw (Dolmar/Jonsered/Husqvarna) under 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russkat

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
New to the site, but already learned enough to avoid a chinese clone Husqvarna 365.

Anyway... local craigslist selection lately has been the usual homeowner saws (already have a small craftsman) with few pro saws posted. For example... an original 365 (not a clone) is not worth the $563.00 the seller is asking.
Like this one... http://denver.craigslist.org/bar/4275262561.html

Hoping to find a pro grade 50cc or greater saw in good operating condition at a fair price.
Bar length is not critical, I can find those locally.
Not real concerned if it's an older model that chugs right along at lower rpms and is a pound heavier than a current model, as long as it is in good shape mechanically. A Dolmar 540 for example...
Dolmar/Makita, Jonsered/Husqvarna are preferred, but I'll consider others.

This one is about the only one on craigslist currently that is in my price range... Will see it on Friday.
http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/grd/4258977567.html

I also checked Home Depot for any Makita's coming off rental, but nothing in the region this month. I'll try again in Feb.

Send me a PM if you have something you can part with or know of one for sale at a shop (a trade in perhaps) that can ship to the Denver area.
In the meantime, I'll keep looking for something locally.

Thanks a lot
Derek

Last edited:
Hi,have a low hour Jonsered 2051 compression is 198.With 16".325 b&c I'm looking for $250 shipped.It is missing an av mount on the rear handle.I ran the saw for 2 days and didn't realize it was missing.I don't use 50cc. saws.It is bone stock.Everything works as it should.

We have lots of pro 50-55 cc saws in the $275 range. Right now we have Dolmar 5105, 510. Jonsered 2152. Husqvarna 254. Stihl 026.

We also have some older 60-65 cc pro saws in about the same cost. 266xp, 268xp Husqvarna. Jonsered 625 super 2.

We have two, nice, very low hours saws at the top of your range that would be just over your budget. A sub 10 hours of use PS6401 makita dolmar, and a very lightly used 2165 Jonsered.

We have a 359 Husqvarna that would hit your budget too, and a nicer one just over.

Email us if anything tickles your fancy [email protected]

All these saws included bars and chains and have been tuned up, serviced and are ready to go. You would add on shipping to your location to these prices. We are totally overwhelmed with a massive number of these nice traded in used saws and I've been meaning to start getting some out there on the net so we can make a little space.

I have a 2152 with bar and chain. starts runs idles and oils as it should for 300.00 shipped. You can see it here in the classifieds. built in 2010

Ted

I've got an 026 that I just freshened up for 225. New rings, crank seals, impulse line, fuel line and filter, spark plug, carb kit.

Also an 034 with new rings, fuel line and filter, impulse line, carb kit, spark plug. Not the prettiest machine, but it works good. $250

Let me know if you want any pics or info on either of these.

I have a Husqvarna 2100CD (99cc.) that I am selling. It runs like a raped ape. I am not sure what you price range is. I just bought a 5' bar and chain for it. Saw would include brand new 5' bar and chain -.404 pitch(Husqvarna marked, cannon made), used 42" bar and 2 brand new chains-3/8 pitch. I have had the saw for 2 years and only used it 4 times to mill some big cedar. $900 shipped

Just thought I would throw it out there. There aren't a lot of people in the market for that sized saw. I do have a Poulan Pro Pioneer P-42 for sale as well. It is a 35cc saw. I got it from my uncle not running. I put about $400 into it and it runs Very strong. I had the carb rebuilt, new read valve installed, all new gaskets(including crank seal). Has 28" bar and chain and I have an extra, new in package, reed valve. It is an older saw, but people who have them, love 'em.

Just thought I would throw it out there. There aren't a lot of people in the market for that sized saw. I do have a Poulan Pro Pioneer P-42 for sale as well. It is a 35cc saw. I got it from my uncle not running. I put about $400 into it and it runs Very strong. I had the carb rebuilt, new read valve installed, all new gaskets(including crank seal). Has 28" bar and chain and I have an extra, new in package, reed valve. It is an older saw, but people who have them, love 'em.
correction: P-42 is a 65cc saw

What kind of shape is it in? Have a pic?
Having put 400 into it, you probably want much more than I'd offer, how much do you want? Sell just the powerhead?

What kind of shape is it in? Have a pic?
Having put 400 into it, you probably want much more than I'd offer, how much do you want? Sell just the powerhead?
I would sell all for $300 firm, plus shipping. It is in great shape. Most of the P-42's that I have seen were pretty beat up. The chain is well used, but the bar has quite a bit of life left.P-42-1.JPG P-42-2.JPG

I've got a good running husky 50 here. A decent bit older than a 346 but will cut a lot of wood. I put a new ring and piston in it last year. It might have 5 tanks through it. I can get it to you for $200 and it has a good used 16" .325" bar and chain.

Well... I finally got the Makita 6401. Starts, revs, good throttle response, but the seller still was not happy with the way it was running.
His business is mainly repairing motorcycles, sleds, atvs, etc... and also builds custom bikes/trikes and he did not feel right about selling it when he felt like it was not running right.
So we came up with a trade, the saw for a 12 pack of Pepsi. No Lie ! The Pepsi was $5.12
So if needed or desired, I can throw on a 79cc top end
It's been 2 weeks trying to buy this saw, so I guess my patience paid off !
So my search for a 50cc saw is over, now I need to locate a small limbing saw (35-50cc)
Thanks to everyone who responded, if you have a limbing saw under 50cc, let me know !
I'll probably start a new thread for that.

makita%20saw%20003.jpg

Last edited:
i have a little stihl 009 runs great no bar or chain for 85.00 plus freight send me your e-mail if you want pics

Latest posts

Back