Probably My Most Productive Day Ever

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oppermancjo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Yesterday started to thaw a little here in MI. Rain was supposed to move in by 2pm in my area so we got a somewhat early start, about 9AM. This is what we started with:

ry%3D400

It was just my buddy and I as usual but we kicked butt compared to a normal day. I'm sure it had to do with the fact that we already had everything stacked up and just had to buck it up. We were also cutting a little longer and splitting bigger than usual as I've already made the decision that next year will bring a new wood furnace with larger capacity. The insert that I have now worked much better than my previous setup but it hasn't kept up all that well in these cold temps. It's tolerable for the wife and I right now but next winter there will be a baby to keep warm...

Here's a few pics of the end results.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Not really sure how much wood is there. The pile is about 8' wide at the base and 4'-5' tall, maybe 20' long. All Ash. It was certainly productive but we aren't even half way through all of the logs that we had stacked up! Well ahead of last year's wood count and being much more productive.

Sweet. Much more productive than I was yesterday. Keep up the good work and congrats on the new baby!

That's a good pile of wood, nice mornings work. I gotta tell you though I chuckled when you said "Got an early start, about 9am." Starting time is when your machines are idling to warm up a half hour before it starts to get light. ;):msp_tongue: An "early" start is when you show up two hours before its light to do the maintenance and prep work for the day using the truck headlights and a head lamp.

That's a good pile of wood, nice mornings work. I gotta tell you though I chuckled when you said "Got an early start, about 9am." Starting time is when your machines are idling to warm up a half hour before it starts to get light. ;):msp_tongue: An "early" start is when you show up two hours before its light to do the maintenance and prep work for the day using the truck headlights and a head lamp.

LOL, agreed. 9 isn't that terribly early considering I was up by 6. Normally we start around 8 although it's light enough by about 7:30 nowadays. We only worked until about 2 so I'm pretty happy with our results for 5 hours of work

I'm hours behind you and I started hours before you!

Just giving ya' a hard time, nice pile of wood ya' got going there.:msp_wink:

Mr. HE:cool:

whats the poulanpro in the pic?

Ya' know, I'm not even sure. It's my buddy's saw. We didn't use it much yesterday. Mostly ran my 290 and 361, with emphasis on the 361. Was a pretty good system. We'd cut for 10 minutes, split what we bucked and repeat. For a while, I would cut and Tom would split right behind me. Worked out pretty good.

IS that a puppy? What kind? Great work on the woodpile !! Kicking butt.

Back