Problems on dolmar 6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
View attachment 413910 View attachment 413911 We now have the oiler end and lastly the box that the 'new' bar came in. So, the box says z095, but the internet says k095. Also, one bar says 64 teeth, one says 72 ( the .325) and the Internet says 68. So, aside from needing 50 gauge, Which one? Also, should I switch to 16"? Sometimes it's a dog, especially on noodling. But sometimes it isn't, just to cOnfuse things. Thanks, guys.

Z095 instead of K095 is an indication of the non-standard dl count in 3/8" (64 rather than 68). It really is a 17" bar. The 68dl ones are over 18".

72dl is the standard dl count in .325, for the 18" bars (that also really is 17")

The oiling should work fine with those bars, as long as the holes and the rails are kept reasonably clean.

Franny K
What is the gauge of the bar and what is the gauge of the drive links?
use .367/.325 or .325/.367 (essentially 9/8 or 8/9 or) to convert from .325 to 3/8 drive link numbers. Use the appropriate ratio for the direction you convert. Sounds like you have a spare chain and sprocket to size up how long you need just make a pencil mark if the chain you have is too short and re position.
Are they genuine Oregon drive sprockets? There can be some variation in the aftermarket in some sizes.
The amount of paint worn off at the bar mount doesn't seem consistent with the amount of use described.

texastele

texastele

ArboristSite Operative
west of junction, tx south of abilene, tx
Hmm, I appreciate the offers, but I don't know if I'll sell it yet. It works pretty well when it works.
I don't know what to tell you about thinking the wear pattern is inconsistent. Some of that is crap stuck to the bar that I didn't get all off.
I guess it's an oregon sprocket, it's what the dealer sold me.

texastele

texastele

ArboristSite Operative
west of junction, tx south of abilene, tx
I don't understand what you're saying Franny. It's dirty under there. To recap, one bar is fried and the new one smokes and stretches the chain regardless of oil brand, chain sharpness, and the fact that it oils. So I am thinking that something sucks and that if I replace the bar and chain then I can go back to using it and not just my stihl.

jl4c

Extraordinarily ordinary
How is your sprocket? A worn sprocket can stretch a chain in short order.

Hi guys, I have some more questions about why my dolmar 6100 hates me. For a while now, probably 4-5 months I have had trouble with the chain stretching what seemed like pretty quickly. I thought maybe it was just a brand difference or I was cranky or something. I would have to carry the scrench with me to tighten it so I would not have to walk back to the truck all the time. For the most part the Stihls and the poulan/Husky would not need tightening until I ran out of fuel. It did it with several different chains and two different sprockets. Yes, the chain is sharp. So, eventually the bar burned up and I went and got another bar. ($75!!!!!) He said that he would have to order another bar and it would take a couple of weeks and would be the same price, so I got the one that he had on hand. It is a hard nose that was for .325. I have 3/8 on the saw, but he said that it was fine since it was a hard nose. So I went out to work. With two different chains the thing smokes within four-five cuts. This is limb cutting. Yes, it oils (it quit leaking oil, so I was glad to see that.) Yes, it does it with primo bar oil and different brands. Yes, it's sharp. The tensioner does not appear to be messed up. If I run it with the chain hanging down, it will last seven-eight cuts without smoking, but then the chain has already loosened up and will come off. The dealer has been less than any help. I think that I am dumber when I come out of there than when I went in. Thanks for any help guys. Incidentally, this is not a brand thing. This is just not proper functioning.

Latest posts