Project Stumpbroke 3120xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting to read Moody's responses here as he is pulling a Stumpy--said saw was shipped, said saw was returned to him, said he would ship overnight (about 6 days ago) will not provide tracking number, will not answer e-mails. Buyer beware.

Just an update on the 3120 Saw. Wasn't satisfied with it so I sent it out to Mastermind for Fingers and checkup. It was only pushing 145 compression before I sent it out. Its better now. I plan to have it at the 2013 Iowa Fall GTG swap. Compression is now 175. I think Randy was trying for 200 but couldn't didn't get it there. I can tell the difference from before and after.

Doug O.

I was shooting 185-190 and like you said, didn't quite get there. Those big saws scare me sometimes though......I've had the tendons in my wrist torn from cranking on a big mean saw.

Interesting to read Moody's responses here as he is pulling a Stumpy--said saw was shipped, said saw was returned to him, said he would ship overnight (about 6 days ago) will not provide tracking number, will not answer e-mails. Buyer beware.

That is sad.....

I was shooting 185-190 and like you said, didn't quite get there. Those big saws scare me sometimes though......I've had the tendons in my wrist torn from cranking on a big mean saw...

I have a torn tendon in my elbow. I go to the surgeon tomorrow to set a date/time. I had the "Tiger" injection and it didn't help. I can't say for sure, but my guess is a saw did it!!!

I was shooting 185-190 and like you said, didn't quite get there. Those big saws scare me sometimes though......I've had the tendons in my wrist torn from cranking on a big mean saw.

That is sad.....

It is sad. Unfortunately some of us end up as a beta to determine who the charlatans are.

The Tiger injection? WTF?

Relax, they don't inject a tiger. They suck out your blood, spin it down, put you to sleep, and do many tiny injections of your plasma in the tendon.

https://www.treatingpain.com/diagnosis-treatments/platelet-rich-plasma-prp

Tiger had it done to his knee and it popularized it. Unfortunately, it works best on recent injuries. My pain began about 2 yrs ago and I have had multiple cortisone injections (another thing that decreases PRP effectiveness). My pain is bad enough that I can't pull a blanket over me with my left hand. I won't be doing ANY saw stuff for a month, and then it will be a gradual strengthening over the next couple of months.

Last edited:

This is why my saws haven't been sent out anywhere and are only muff modded. Nothing personal against Randy,Terry,Brad, or any of those guys i just don't feel comfortable sending an $800 saw out after hearing horror stories about the shipping companies also.

Sent from my AutoTune carb

Last edited:
This is why my saws haven't been sent out anywhere and are only muff modded. Nothing personal against Randy,Terry,Brad, or any of those guys i just don't feel comfortable sending an $800 saw out after hearing horror stories about the shipping companies also.

I thought your MS201T had the "full treatment"=muff mod & timing advance?

hey kenjax,
i don't think you'd have anything to worry about with the guys you mentioned...
so your saws are all stock ??
that's a shame......you have no idea what your missing !!!

Do your homework, know who you are dealing with......

Definitely,

I had a saw built with Stumpy right around the time he first stopped answering emails etc.
Initial part of the build was fine, but, then getting it shipped took about 20 unanswered emails and around a 4-6 week wait, I got the saw in top notch condition when it finally arrived, but, the messing around left a bad taste in my mouth.

Aaron.

My post wasn't about the guys ripping me off,its about not reaching where its supposed to go.

Maybe some day i'll send my 562 off

I had a saw get lost in the mail once. That's one out of about 500 or so that I've done. I replaced that saw with a nicer one....

Do your homework, know who you are dealing with......

Dam right! I read and watched AS threads for over a year before my first post. In that time I figured whos who and who I wanted to do business with. I emailed Randy in Dec 2011 about doing my (at the time) Echo cs520. During that build there were 42 email communications that went back and forth between us (I still have them). It wasn't until he did the thread on that saw in Jan 2012 that I made my first post. Since then he has done 15-16 saws for me. I found my builder (and friend), have never had a problem, and have no reason to consider sending my work elsewhere. The only bad part about having a Mastermind saw is the "wait", but if you stop and think about it.... there's a reason for it. Usually by the time I get a saw done and am ready to pick it up, I've already found the next one so I can make the most of the trip up to see him.

Found the best way to start this 3120 is pull it to top dead center slowly then recoil and pull. Gets rid of ripping the cord out of you fingers.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

To prevent damage to tendons go here and begin using these:
http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Main/captainsofcrush.html

Having torn tendons in my hand I start saws like this: I use the tips of my fingers, as if I was hanging onto a windowsill, pull to just before TDC and then give a mighty yank. I do NOT grip the entire recoil handle. It also helps on the big saws to use snogo starting handles.

I hang my head in shame to tell you I haven't even unpacked it.

Shall I pull out some excuses? We've broken all records for high temps Oct. and Nov. RAIN, rain and more rain. Did I mention it has been raining the last three or four months? I pulled some muscle in my back, was out of work for a week. Doc told me not to exercise for at least a month. Ironic thing was I had planned to begin lifting weights again just that week.

I haven't lifted anything since I put the box in my storage.

Sorry (hanging head in shame and scuffing shoe in dust[mud]).

Latest posts

Back