Project Stumpbroke Husky 345 sleeper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a pic of the jug before machining the squishband & base.
100_2085.jpg

And after. So far this jug looks as good as OEM. I just hope the plating is as good as the casting.
100_2093.jpg

For an update, the guy I got this from says they do come from China.

I've got the jug all laid out & ready to grind.

Intake side
100_2094.jpg

transfers
100_2095.jpg

100_2097.jpg

exhaust
100_2096.jpg

100_2098.jpg

I checked the timing #'s on this VS the stock & they are pretty close except the transfers.
Measurements are in duration

OEM 346xp
EX 146*
TR 110*
IN 142*
BD 18*
Squish .042"

AM 346xp
EX 144*
TR 96*
IN 146*
BD 24*
Squish .044"

chamber marks

what are those 8 marks in the chamber? Something to do with the casting method? Ive seen them in many different pictures.

Finally got the jug done. Had to take a break & enjoy the sunset. I know this has nothing to do with saws, but it's nice to stop & enjoy some of Gods little treasures.
This is the first time I've taken pictures like this & thought I'd share them
100_2113.jpg

100_2114.jpg

For an update, the guy I got this from says they do come from China.

I've got the jug all laid out & ready to grind.

transfers
100_2095.jpg

100_2097.jpg

I checked the timing #'s on this VS the stock & they are pretty close except the transfers.
Measurements are in duration

OEM 346xp
EX 146*
TR 110*
IN 142*
BD 18*
Squish .042"

AM 346xp
EX 144*
TR 96*
IN 146*
BD 24*
Squish .044"
Did you work on the inner parts of the transfers on this one - they look awfully narrow stock? :msp_smile:

Last edited:
Great stuff Stumpy - very specific descriptions and really clear pics. Love the self deprecating humour too. Thanks.

Al.

:rock::rock:Stump, you are on a hot streak! Things are going so good I keep fearing Cahoon will show up. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!, Great job man. Russ

Very nice,

Proof in my philosophy that everyone's gifted at something, You ARE an artist Stumbroke.

Good stuff, awesome threads, thank you

luck,greg

Did you work on the inner parts of the transfers on this one - they look awfully narrow stock? :msp_smile:
Check out post #33 for the answer to that. I did open them up a little bit.

:rock::rock:Stump, you are on a hot streak! Things are going so good I keep fearing Cahoon will show up. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!, Great job man. Russ

He's welcome any time.:msp_biggrin:

Back