proper pruning 75' tulip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not like im interested in knowing what you charge murph but what ja get for a prune job like that?

Ox E. Moron, :alien2: don't feed the trolls murph.

The average climber should do that job in half a day imo. 2 words--pole clip! :msp_biggrin:

that one should be almost automatic as a lightning system sale. murph you could sell a freezer to an exkimo--you didn't sell them on some copper? 1 hr. extra to hang it.

re competition bashing yeah maybe talk about the practice not the practitioners.

Ox E. Moron, :alien2: don't feed the trolls murph.

The average climber should do that job in half a day imo. 2 words--pole clip! :msp_biggrin:

that one should be almost automatic as a lightning system sale. murph you could sell a freezer to an exkimo--you didn't sell them on some copper? 1 hr. extra to hang it.

re competition bashing yeah maybe talk about the practice not the practitioners.

WTF........... 1/2 day uh?? for climbing it? why dont you post a Vid showing how an "Average" climber can do end tip prunings on a Tulip Polar in a half day!!! Lightning system.......in a Tulip Poplar? LMFAO around here a Tulip is a junk tree & susceptible to break outs, large dead widow makers & a haven for black ants............

Pole Clip? well I wanna see you fish your pole clip through a tulip to get to the ends & I want those proper cuts you are always talking bout too........!

Truly a post from someone who has never been in a decent sized tulip tree & BTW, the copper to put in that would be worth more than the tree itself...LOL

I almost forgot.......it took Murph darn near 1/2 a day to talk bout proper pruning of the dam thing, let alone climbing & working it in such time!

LXT..................

I wanna see some vids... 4 hrs!... better yet I wanna see some before and after pics of a 4 hr climb on a poplar reduction prune and lets see some close ups of those cuts.

In my area, that is not a large Tulip poplar. 4 hours for one climber, 1 hour clean up would be reasonable.

They get a lot bigger in NC, etc. mine is 90+' and 18' from the house. Yes they need pruning more often than the oaks over the house, but the species is reliably solid, if cared for. 16 years here, 2 hurricanes, lots of ice, no major damage.

You want a 4-hour video? sounds boring. :wink2:

1 1/2" cuts do not all need to be perfectly "clean". collars not a huge deal when the tissue is very young.

ok i'll be up a ~100' tulip next week, and post pics of cuts made 4 years ago.

Is there a point in criticizing common name usage?

Copper is not that expensive, and LPS is a good investment in a tree that close to the house. It can protect your house from lightning. Lightning protection products and lightning rods from Independent Protection Co. will tell you parts price--<$500 for that trees. compare that to removal cost + loss of asset. cheap insurance. :msp_biggrin:

I was disappointed that Murph’s 75ft. soil compactor didn’t make the video. :laugh:

I didn't say it, you did but yeah, I'll say. I would have to sling a roadway down if I was going to jockey a big truck around a tree. That IS "too much like work" for me, I'll take the climb.

I didn't say it, you did but yeah, I'll say. I would have to sling a roadway down if I was going to jockey a big truck around a tree. That IS "too much like work" for me, I'll take the climb.

not me. I'd probably have to set the truck up 2 or 3 times but have it done in maybe 3 hrs. I'd rather have my groundies move some plywood around then have to do that job by hand. maybe old age is catching up with me..

You want a 4-hour video? sounds boring. :wink2:

1 1/2" cuts do not all need to be perfectly "clean". collars not a huge deal when the tissue is very young.

ok i'll be up a ~100' tulip next week, and post pics of cuts made 4 years ago.

Copper is not that expensive, and LPS is a good investment in a tree that close to the house. It can protect your house from lightning. Lightning protection products and lightning rods from Independent Protection Co. will tell you parts price--<$500 for that trees. compare that to removal cost + loss of asset. cheap insurance. :msp_biggrin:

Yes, we want to see "You" do a Tulip of similar size with yer pole clip in 1/2 a day

Now...... clean cuts only need be done on anything over an inch & a half..:dizzy:

We dont wanna see cuts on a tree from 4 years ago................we wanna see you up there making those cuts! C`mon back up what you say can be done!

Like I said copper @ <$500.00 is worth more than the tree, I hardly consider a tulip an asset, best thing to do would of been take that soft wooded bastid down..............one can only hope lightning would hit it!!! Now get that work vid up & we will compare the Seer to AA....see how the two match up........Im gonna put my money on AA

LXT...............

HAHA..
Glad you all are having a good time with this one.. things at AS were getting mighty quiet..

I put mats down anytime I put a truck on the lawn, except hard as concrete summer days and frozen tundra winter wonderlands..

Did that entire tree .. up and down in 70 minutes.. didn't take long to build the bridge, and did all the pruning on one set-up.

Original price was $330-370??? as part of a total package of 2500-2700, which I let him talk me down to $2200.. so didn't make much more than $300 on that tree...

I also would agree that the tree didn't really "need" to be pruned.. however, the client was pretty insistent that he wanted it pruned.. SO I did it, to save it from the other butchers out there, who would have hacked it up worse than it already was..

That was a REALLY cheap price.. the guy got a good deal.. I knocked on his door to see if we could use his driveway to access a downed tree in another clien't backyard. He told me he had been using Kinkiner for years.. Kinkiner has a reputation for doing really low budget work, so I knew I'd have to come in low to get him to make a change.. I still made a fair $ on the job, but only because of the equipment...

I think it is important to educate homeowners about proper care for their trees, and how much damage can be done by improper pruning. Its very frustrating to see the widespread damage done by companies that butcher trees with iimpunity for 20 plus years.. I AM going to speak out against them and their practices every chance I get!

There is a company called BIG WOODS.. they cut every lower limb off every tree on every proerpty they can talk the homeowners into haveing their trees "pruned".. Hey slam big stressed oaks, doing 35% plus prunes, making many large cuts on the trunks, etc.

Ricks is still making flush cuts on crown raisings, making 12" plus cuts perfectly flsuh with the trunk.. That is a multi-million dollar cmapny.. why can't they hire one arborist that knows how to prune trees... BECASUE THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT TREES! Its all about the money.. I've heard it even from my friends that do tree work.. A couple of great guys that regularly elevate everthing in sight and spike prunes, never hit the branch tips etc.. ONe doesn't care.. one dosn't know any better..

HAHA..
Glad you all are having a good time with this one.. things at AS were getting mighty quiet..

I put mats down anytime I put a truck on the lawn, except hard as concrete summer days and frozen tundra winter wonderlands..

Did that entire tree .. up and down in 70 minutes.. didn't take long to build the bridge, and did all the pruning on one set-up.

Original price was $330-370??? as part of a total package of 2500-2700, which I let him talk me down to $2200.. so didn't make much more than $300 on that tree...

I also would agree that the tree didn't really "need" to be pruned.. however, the client was pretty insistent that he wanted it pruned.. SO I did it, to save it from the other butchers out there, who would have hacked it up worse than it already was..

That was a REALLY cheap price.. the guy got a good deal.. I knocked on his door to see if we could use his driveway to access a downed tree in another clien't backyard. He told me he had been using Kinkiner for years.. Kinkiner has a reputation for doing really low budget work, so I knew I'd have to come in low to get him to make a change.. I still made a fair $ on the job, but only because of the equipment...

I think it is important to educate homeowners about proper care for their trees, and how much damage can be done by improper pruning. Its very frustrating to see the widespread damage done by companies that butcher trees with iimpunity for 20 plus years.. I AM going to speak out against them and their practices every chance I get!

There is a company called BIG WOODS.. they cut every lower limb off every tree on every proerpty they can talk the homeowners into haveing their trees "pruned".. Hey slam big stressed oaks, doing 35% plus prunes, making many large cuts on the trunks, etc.

Ricks is still making flush cuts on crown raisings, making 12" plus cuts perfectly flsuh with the trunk.. That is a multi-million dollar cmapny.. why can't they hire one arborist that knows how to prune trees... BECASUE THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT TREES! Its all about the money.. I've heard it even from my friends that do tree work.. A couple of great guys that regularly elevate everthing in sight and spike prunes, never hit the branch tips etc.. ONe doesn't care.. one dosn't know any better..

Let he who has not sinned throw the first stone.

HAHA..

Hey Murph you still got that angry midget with ya or did the circus want him back ????

Back