Properly pruned Big Silver Maple.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeslayer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Correct topping procedure.....:D

HO wanted it, he got it.:msp_wink:

175508d1299712718-snow-015-jpg

Looks like a good coat hanger from here.

I cant believe the number of guys around my area that don't know how to do a proper reduction cut on silver maples. I like doing reduction cut on silvers, I make them look sexy.:msp_lol:

Correct topping procedure.....:D

HO wanted it, he got it.:msp_wink:

175508d1299712718-snow-015-jpg

That tree work is like plowing a ugly fat chick and bragging about it. Sure you got laid/paid but looking back on it, you lost your dignity and the respect of your peers.

I think if the HO was properly advised and still wanted it topped then top it. I don't like either but it surely is no skin off my nose as its not my tree.
I have had good luck talking the client out of a top job but some of these old folks aren't going to budge.

So how's come you didn't sell some cabling while you were in the tree? Those big wide forks are still a risk to break off and fall, aren't they?

Otherwise, it looks like a fine topping. You went higher up the tree than many I have seen around here.

The tree is basically to big for the area. And you can tell the people who live there ain't Rockerfeller. The residents are worried and there is no one who can tell them 100 percent that they shouldn't be... well now they can. They probably wanted it removed but didn't have enough money.
I am just telling you this because this is the point where it stops being about tree health and becomes about people. If you think tree work is hard try people work.
I surely do not condone guys who go around advising to top a tree and selling it as a good practice, first of all, its a dam pain in the ass. Second, if anyone gets wind that I did it I would be embarassed.

Last edited:
Artwork. I admire the flowing natural lines and how they just stop so brutally, the contrast is striking. Postmodern abstract neo impressionism with hints of surrealism I believe....very nice! What was the artist trying to say here? What were the thoughts? Feelings? ..Anyone? ...Anyone?
bueller_full.png

Good work TS.

Last edited:
it was the first half of a removal.......:msp_laugh:

we'll tip it over and finish it off when he get's his tax return.

Gotcha.:monkey:

Good! I was like OMG! WTF slayer, but then I was ROFLMAO. LOL GTG, BRB

But hey! NBD

Last edited:
I bit my tongue until I was sure. Had me going for a bit.
Jeff :msp_smile:

I was suprised you let it by, jeffy.:taped:

I've done several jobs for that guy, he's really cool so we hook him up.
he'll get the whole tree done for $800. he burns the brush, rakes, and my wood vultures take ALL da wood.

WINNING!:msp_drool:

And I was gonna say some people start with a partial TD then have the rest removed later cause of the money. Sometimes it doesn't go as planned ( something more important comes up like the mortgage payment) and the tree grows back.
Just because you see a topped tree don't mean you have to go all ARBOMAN and get all indignant over something you don't know the entire story about cause there are lots of stories and sure, peoples is "funny"... take TreeCo for instance...:hmm3grin2orange:

Back